Wednesday, February 24, 2010

36 weeks and counting

So, I made it to 36 weeks! It's really crazy that I'm that far along already! This little boy is going to be here before we know it! I got the nursery painted last week with the help of my mother-in-law! Thanks! Tomorrow we are putting the furniture back in place, so I'll get some pictures soon. (I can't move the bed by myself.) I got all of the baby clothes out to start washing them, too. I am trying to get ready for this little guy! I really can't wait to see him. I wander if he will look anything like Dylan. I went to the doctor yesterday and he said that I'm 75% effaced. Nothing exciting, but progress. He is still really high, so I have a little while to go. Speaking of this little guy, we don't have a name picked out yet. We would love any suggestions! I want something that's not too common, but cute. We are having a real hard time with this. Thanks in advance!
.
Dylan has been full of energy lately. I don't know where this kid gets it from! He just runs and runs (literally) around the house for hours. Then, he won't take a nap and wants to be rough with Lauren. He loves to pick on her and tease her. I guess it's a boy thing. Last week, we took him to Chuck 'E Cheese to get some energy out. He had a blast and crashed on the way home. I just wish I had the energy (and money) to take him everyday to get his energy out! Today, Ricky took him outside for a while on his lunch break. Dylan had a blast and didn't want to come in when Ricky had to leave. He is just my little ball of energy. They tried to make a little snowman, but the snow was too powdery today. It snowed all day and was really pretty. I'm grateful that we live close enough that Ricky can come home for his lunch break.

Lauren is growing up so fast! She has been playing with her dolls all the time. She LOVES shoes and her newest obsession is her hat. I think it's adorable when she walks around with her little pink hat on! She is my little girly-girl. I love it! She is walking all the time now! Yeah! She is still wobbly, but I'm sure that will change with time. She talks all the time! Some of her favorite words are: drink, mom, dad, grandma, Dylan, Lauren, and up. It's so cute when she talks. She still whines to try to get her way. I'm sure that will get better when the baby come, too! We are trying to work on it now. All of her eye teeth are in now, so she has 16 teeth! I can't believe that she is 19 months old! I guess I should do an update on Ricky, too! He's doing great. He tells me he's looking forward to his "vacation" from work. I think he's in for a big surprise when he's home for 2 weeks with us! He'll probably be asking to go back to work! We'll see! He only has 2 weeks left of his class and then it's just work for the rest of the semester. That's about all that's going on around our house.

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Wow! I can't believe you are 36 weeks already! How exciting!

the Leiter family said...

Your kids are so cute!

I love the name Jake for a boy. Jacob is common and that is our nephew's name but we call him Jake. I want to name a boy that but with Jacob in the family it would be confusing. ha. So you have my permission to use it ;)

Weigel said...

hey--- so glad that things are going well and excited that Lauren is walking!!!

Leah said...

Sounds like enough to wear out any preggo lady:)
Naming kids is tough and Chris and I only have a short, short list of names we agree on. But you had some good ones last we talked about it...