Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December Catch-up

This month has just flown by and I didn't get to write about it, so I apologize for this post being so long. I am going to try to remember most of it and post some of the cute pictures I got this month. So I'll start with December 4th. We got a lot of snow, and Ricky's leg was not healed all the way. I bundled up to shovel the driveway so we could get out and about. Dylan loves the snow and wanted to build a snowman, but the snow wouldn't pack. We managed to get a little tiny one out of some of the snow we shoveled out of the way. What do you think?
(Can you see him by Dylan's foot?) Here's a close up for you!
We were getting all of the Christmas decorations out, and we found some Santa hats. Ethan sported one while he was crawling all over the place.
Dylan loved his hat! Ricky, Ethan and I got sick with colds and spent the next week trying to recover. I lost my voice for the entire week! When Ethan didn't get better after a week, I took him to the doctor to find out that he had a double ear infection. Poor little guy! He never once pulled on his ears. I'm just glad that I took him in! After finishing his antibiotics, he still wasn't better. I took him back to the doctor on the 27th and found out that he still has an ear infection on his left side. We are trying a stronger antibiotic this time and hopefully we'll get rid of it! Dylan got to attend church with Grandma and Grandpa while the rest of us stayed home to get better. He was pretty excited about that!
On Friday, we watched kids for date night. The little girls were so cute all cuddled up with their blankets and sucking on their thumbs.
We ventured out in the rain/snow on the 11th to get a Christmas tree. It was freezing outside and we were all trying to recover from being sick, so we just got it at Lowe's. We went to breakfast at IHOP first to get my free birthday breakfast and the kids were so cute all bundled up. They were so good and enjoyed the adventures! Despite being sick, Ethan decided that he was a big boy and started pulling himself up to things. He has pulled himself up onto the fireplace and on the first step of the stairs. I don't think I'm ready for this! He will be walking before I know it! He was so proud of his accomplishment!
Ricky had a computer gaming party on the 17th, so I decided to take the kids to my parents house for the weekend. It was tons of fun, other than the drive down there. Dylan had to go to the bathroom, which is not fun when it's snowing and you have 3 kids. My parents were watching my nephews for the weekend, so there was a big party! We were admiring their heights and had them all stand next to each other. Brayden is 6, Dylan is 4, Landen is 4 (6 months younger than Dylan), and Lauren is 2. My kids are really tall! The kids had a wonderful time and my dad even watched the four of them so mom and I could finish our Christmas shopping! Thanks dad! (Christmas shopping was hard this year with Ricky's broken leg. I couldn't go with him on date nights, and he couldn't keep all the kids! I managed to get out with Ricky's mom once, but I got most of my gifts online this year. It was really fun getting packages in the mail!) Saturday night, my parents were gracious enough to watch all 5 grandkids so Ricky and I could go out to dinner for our anniversary. While we were at dinner, my parents took the kids to their church Christmas party. The kids got to see Santa! Yeah! Dylan wanted a Nerf gun.
Lauren and Ethan just stared at him. At least they weren't screaming! December 21st, it snowed a ton, so Dylan and I went outside to build a snowman. I think he turned out pretty well! Dylan was really excited about putting his rocks on the snowman and then putting a scarf around his neck! Dylan loves the snow and would be out there every day if I let him! He is so full of energy!
Tonight, we got to spend some time with Spencer's kids. Dylan and Lauren had a great time with their cousins. They live in Missouri, so we don't get to see them very often. We got Kinect for XBOX for Christmas and we LOVE it! It is like the Wii, only your hands are the controllers. It is great and Dylan even has a blast on it! We had fun with the cousins playing sports and dancing! Here is Noah showing off his moves!
While the older ones were playing, Ashlyn and Lauren were being cute! They had such a good time playing together. I forgot to tell you what the kids got for Christmas! (This is more for my records, so don't feel bad if you don't read it!) Dylan got a Batman set and a Nerf gun! He loves them! Lauren got a doll house and a baby doll. She enjoys playing by herself with the dollhouse. If only she could keep Ethan away from her! Ethan got a basketball set that plays music when you dunk it. It's adorable! I think he's going to be my ball player! Ricky and I got a new TV. Ricky has been wanting one for a while now, so we broke down and got it. I would like it better with a new entertainment center, but it's still great. (We were supposed to get the center first, but the TV was a great deal and snuck up on us first!) I think we have gotten to spend time with everyone that lives close to us! It has been a truly wonderful Christmas month!

No comments: