Friday, September 9, 2011

August Catch-up

Since I didn't get done with the blog before it got to September, here is my catch-up on the fun things we did! (Sorry in advance for the picture overload!)
On August 5th, we met my mom, aunt, cousins, and their kids at the Children's Museum in Indy. We had a big group, but it was so much fun! They kids (and adults) had fun!

They liked the Dora and Diego exhibit!
Lauren had fun dressing up and walking down the runway!
I think Dylan enjoyed the Barbies a little too much!
Ethan wasn't too impressed!
He was a happy camper after his little nap that got him through the day!


Overall, it was a busy, but fun day. When you have 7 kids and 5 adults, it can get a little crazy!

On August 18th, we headed to Indy to the State Fair! It is our family tradition and we love going every year! It was way HOT this year, but we still managed to have fun! My parents and brother joined us for the fun!

Sibling love!
Lauren loved feeding the goats!
I love Ethan's expression in this one! He had so much fun!
The kids had fun 'driving' the tractors. Dylan always had to buckle his seat-belt when he got on them. I guess I have trained him well!
Ethan wanted a turn, too!
Dylan was too big to ride these little tractors this year, sorry bud! Lauren liked the pink one!
We got to eat all of the yummy fair food, corn on the cob, gyros, fried Twinkies (actually so good that we ended up getting another one!), fried veggies, cheese sticks, kettle corn, funnel cake, to name a few! I think the food makes the whole trip worth it!

Dylan enjoying the nice weather in the back yard with his friend from school, Emily.
Enjoying the HOT weather we had! It was 90 degrees at the end of August! Who would have thought! That's Indiana weather for you!
Ethan didn't mind the hot weather! He loves to be outside! He is my little escape artist. He is always trying to get out the door. Every morning when Jack gets here, he tries to make a break for it! Silly boy! Where do you think you are going?

On August 24th, I came up with the great idea to make and can salsa. Ricky's mom came over and helped me make the salsa. After tasting it while it was cooking, I was a little concerned that it was too tomatoey. I put some in the fridge and tried it the next day and boy is it good! Ricky said that it tastes like Don Pablos salsa! Yeah! I made something good and I have 8 jars of it!
On August 27th, the kids and I headed to my parent's house to can peaches with my mom. I don't have a canner, yet, and I'm still learning how to do it! I have to say that I do like canning and it gives me a great sense of accomplishment. We bought 2 bushels, which is 96 pounds of peaches. We made 40 quarts of peaches in one day! We kept some of the peaches out to eat, and I made lots of things with them! I made 4 batches of peach muffins, peach cobbler, peach pie, peach milkshakes, peach bread, peach smooties, and just peaches! They were so yummy!
Lauren decided that she doesn't want to sleep in her bed anymore. She fell asleep at the top of the stairs the other day. Good thing she didn't roll any or she could have gone down the stairs! She wakes up and wants to sleep in our bed or on the couch. I don't let her sleep with us, but she has been sleeping on the 'brown couch' in our bedroom. Silly girl!
My boys just chillin'! They can be so cute sometimes!

As you can tell from the picture overload, we had a busy month! I think that's how my life is going to be for a while. Lauren is picking up dance lessons starting Monday, so instead of calming down, we are gearing up! With Ricky in school this semester (and graduating in December), it is going to be a busy couple of months! Bring on the crazy! (I hope I'm ready for it!)

No comments: