Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Spring time fun!

Life has been busy around here lately. I am filling in for a friend with babysitting a 3 year old girl from 8 to 5 everyday. It is different than I expected, but I'm learning a lot from it. I am hoping that it will help Dylan when the baby comes in July! I guess it is helping me learn how to deal with 2 kids! Luckily, they are both pretty good and listen to me. For the most part, they love to play together! I've also figured out that girls really are different from boys! It should be fun learning all about it! By the end of the day, I am usually beat and don't get much done!


Last week, we took Dylan bowling and he loved it! He was such a cutie! He had such a good time showing off for the group next to us! He kept calling the guy next to us grandpa! It was really funny! I guess he associates the word grandpa to anyone who looks like they are old enough to be his grandpa!

One of the cold days last week, we played basketball in the garage. I love having a house! Dylan wanted to ride his "mycycle," as he calls his tricycle. I think it's cute! He loves to play and be outside! I'm looking forward to getting a swing set for our backyard!

I was working on a project for mother's day for both grandmas, and ended up taking lots of pictures of Dylan. I thought this one turned out pretty cute! On a side note, I have a question for you...What do you think about cutting Dylan's hair to all the same length? I don't like having to pay 10+ dollars every 5 weeks to get his hair cut! I don't want it buzzed, but I was thinking with it being summer and all that it would be OK to cut it shorter! Let me know what you think!

Last Friday, we had playgroup at Columbian Park Zoo. It's a local zoo that is free (one of the few things these days!) and close to home. The kids had a great time in the petting part with the baby horses, goats, and llama. We are definately going back when the weather is better to see more of the animals. We got all of the kids together for this picture since some of them will be leaving us for good. We will definitely miss them!

2 comments:

The Holdaway's said...

Durign the summer we usually clip Jase's hair using the 1" guide. It is short and took me a while to get used to. But his hair grows so fast, it was nice to not have to cut it so often...

Charlotte said...

During the summer, I usually buzz Konrad using a 1 or 2. I think it's a great idea. :)