Thursday, December 4, 2008

Where has the time gone?


I can't believe that this year is flying by so quickly! Lauren had her 4 month check up on November 17th. Here are her stats:
Weight: 13 lbs. 13 oz. (50th percentile)
Height: 25 1/4 inches (90th percentile)
Head Circumference: 41 cm. (50th percentile)
She is staying about the same in all categories! I have been so busy that I haven't taken many pictures lately. Sorry! I forgot to take my camera for Thanksgiving and haven't taken any pictures since the last post! I go through spurts. I take a ton of pictures and then I don't take any. I guess you'll have something to look forward to! Lauren is getting bigger by the day. She tries to sit up all the time. She gets bored with the same thing and loves to watch Dylan play. She is almost 5 months now. It's crazy! She laughs every time you say "Crazy!" It's really cute.


Dylan is getting big! Last month we tried to potty train him. Let's just say that we'll try again sometime soon. After going through 6 pair of underwear in one day, we decided he wasn't quite ready. He would come to us after he wet his pants, but didn't grasp the fact that he should tell us before he went. He still goes to the bathroom about 3 times a day. We'll get this going soon! He LOVES to sing. I don't think a day goes by where he doesn't sing at least one song. I think it's really cute. Especially when he doesn't know what he's saying but he tries to sing it anyway! We recorded him singing the other day.

The end of November we had our craft day at church. I was in charge of it again this year and things were busy. I enjoyed working with the other girls and the crafts were really cute. I still have to do mine! Oh well! I have been doing lots of sewing projects lately! I enjoy it more than I thought I would. My mom got me a sewing machine for Christmas last year. Thanks mom! I have also been making cards lately. We started a card swap and the cards have been really cute!

Thanksgiving weekend was spent at my Aunt Marsha's house. It was lots of fun! We went over there on Wednesday, so I got to help cook Thanksgiving dinner. I really enjoyed it! Ricky had to come back to work, so the kids and I stayed until Saturday. We had a wonderful time with my family. Dylan loved playing with his cousins. (My cousins' kids and my sisters' kids) It was easier to just say cousins than try to figure it all out. He has already asked if he could go play with his cousins again. Good thing Christmas is coming up soon! The kids all did really good playing together. It's nice to not have to chase them around wandering if they are ok. I guess that comes with the age!

On Tuesday, Ricky took me to see the Lion King Broadway in Indy for my birthday. I can't believe that I'm 26! It was amazing! (We also saw a poster showing that Wicked is coming to Indy in June or July of 2009, so mark your calendars!) My mom watched the kids for us and it reminded me of back in the day with no kids! I really enjoy doing fun things like that! I love my kids, don't get me wrong, but I love doing things without them, too! Ricky also got me a dozen roses! I love flowers!

This week is just flying by! We are enjoying the snow and staying home! Dylan loves to throw the snow when he has gloves on. I like snow, too, but we haven't made it outside without Lauren. We'll have to go make a snowman before the snow melts. We only got a couple of inches, but I think it looks really pretty. I just went and snapped a shot of Lauren! She is so precious!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you updated the blog! Hallelujah!! Lauren looks so cute asleep in the chair. I can't believe how tiny she still is, Ashlyn was 13lb. 3oz at her 2 month! How did you get the skinny genes and my kids got the fat genes??