Friday, May 6, 2011

One week off!

Ricky is home for 10 days! I don't even know what to do with myself! April was a very long, hard month. Ricky was only home for 5 days, not including traveling back and forth from Indy, the whole month of April. I still can't believe that it's May already! We got things figured out so that I can fly out there with him next week and spend 3 days with him before he works for the last time out there. I can't wait to get back to our normal schedule, but who knows what normal is anymore!?! I certainly don't! We have spent a TON of time with my parents, since we are traveling back and forth each week. It has been so great to have such wonderful parents to help out when you need them! Last weekend, I went to Illinois with my mom to visit with my grandparents. They are doing good and it's always nice to spend time with them!


Things have been difficult for me. When I get all of the kids to bed at night, I almost can't think to do anything. I try to update my blog, or search the internet, but my brain seems to be fried! I guess it's just different struggling to get all the kids in bed after spending the entire day with them. It makes me extremely greatful for such a wonderful husband who does so much to help our family out! I love you baby!

Dylan had his spring program today! He was really excited about it earlier this week, but didn't want to sing today. He gets kinda shy in front of people. He only has one week left of preschool, which is crazy! It seems like he just started! He has been such a great helper with Ricky gone. He can get ready for bed by himself, and be so proud of himself! He told me the other day, "Mom, I really do love you." What a sweet boy!

Lauren is growing up so fast! She is talking like crazy! I know that some people can't understand her very well, but I can! (Most of the time. Dylan can usually interpret if we can't understand her!) She is doing great with the potty. She wants to do it all by herself, and she is so close to being able to! I can't wait until she can do everything by herself! She stays dry for naps and some nights, too. She is very much a girlie. She loves her dolls and purses. It's funny to see Dylan want to play with her toys, too! They are so cute when they put on heels and push their strollers around the house together!

Ethan started walking! My baby is all grown up! He took his first steps on April 18th, while Ricky was home. And then by Sunday (when Ricky got home again), he was walking all over the place! He does a great job of keeping up with Dylan and Lauren. He is very curious and wants to get into everything. He loves to scour the kitchen cabinets trying to open them all! He is going to be my little climber! He is always getting on the couch and he even tried to climb over the baby gate to get to the stairs! He likes to test his boundaries to see what he can get away with. He also started throwing tantrums. He will start crying and throw his head back. I hope he stops throwing his head back soon, because he is going to get some bumps from hitting the ground so hard! He is a great baby and I love him very much!

No comments: