Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pre-Halloween

Friday was a busy day. Dylan and Lauren were on Fall Break from school and we had planned a moms and tots trip to the pumpkin patch. They had a 580lb pumpkin that the lady's son grew. He is trying to get a 1000lb pumpkin! Wow! 

 They had a little smaller one that was around 400 lbs. Ethan was just the right height to see over it!
 
 They had some cool pumpkin people, too.

And they also had some fun faces in the trees. The kids played around for a long time in all the cool pumpkins. 
I like this picture spot where we got all of us! Yeah!

They also had a 3 acre corn maze that we explored. It had rained a lot during the week, so it was very muddy with puddles. Ethan didn't seem to mind (luckily he was wearing boots and I had a change of clothes for him)! We made it through the maze the first time with no falling, but Ethan had a tumble on the second trip. He fell right on his face. His hat was covering his head, so he didn't get too much mud on his face. It was very cold outside, too!
  I LOVE THIS PICTURE! All the kids are looking at the camera and smiling! That doesn't happen very often at all!
 Friday evening, we went trick-or-treating downtown Lafayette. I had never been before, so I thought it would be something fun for the kids. They loved it and we will definitely be going again next year!

After trick-or-treating we headed over to our friend's annual Donut Halloween party. Yum! I took my camera, but I was too busy eating to take any pictures! Fun, fun!

Then on Saturday morning, we were planning on going to Chicago, but had a change of plans. Our water heater went off again (it seems to happen every year about this time). Ricky was able to get it working again. Then one of the Radio Shack managers called and asked him to bring some candy to the mall for the trick-or-treating. I thought that since he had to drive over there we might as well go check it out. It was a major bummer.We waited in line for about 30 minutes just to start (there were that many people there!) and the kids were already bored. I think Ethan ate about all of his candy as soon as he got it (they didn't get much either). Needless to say, we will not be going there again. I'd rather just buy my kids some candy and enjoy my day. We just hung out the rest of the day, and it was very enjoyable.

Monday night, we went to another party...a pool party! It's called a Polar Bear Plunge and we did it for the charity of Autism Speaks. There were 15 people that were crazy enough to jump in! It was soo cold outside! I'm not that crazy! It was a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Leah said...

All these fall posts almost make me miss IN...but I think it might just be you guys:)