Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Dylan!

 What a week we had at the Tate household! Let's start by sharing the celebration of Dylan's 7th birthday! I had fun blowing up balloons to put in his room and putting streamers on his door, so he woke up to a party! He loved it! I even heard him say that this was the best birthday ever! So sweet. He had school, so I made him his choice for breakfast, scrambled eggs and toast. I was in-charge of moms and tots at church and we were having a St. Patrick's day party, so Lauren, Ethan and I went to that. We did a little scavenger hunt and made rainbows. The kids loved it. We came home for lunch and then I headed to the school to bring cupcakes to Dylan's class. I also surprised him with treat bags for his classmates. He thought it was really cool! His teacher asked me if I could stay for the parent-teacher conference (which by the way was a blessing. We'll get to that in a minute.). It's fun to see Dylan in his class. After school, he had his friend Kaleb over for a while. They enjoyed playing until Ricky got home and we headed to Pizza Hut for dinner, it was Dylan's choice of where to eat. 
 
We came home and opened presents and had cake.
 Dylan got a DS and some games, a few shirts, a Hot Wheels wall track, and Rise of the Guardian movie.
 I think the DS was a hit!
 
 It was a great day... Until we headed upstairs to go to bed. We could smell something in the hallway. Lauren had thrown up in her bed and was sleeping in it. I honestly don't know how anyone can do that! It was disgusting. And this is where the fun begins. Lauren had the flu for 4 days. 
 Saturday night she started to feel better and then Ethan threw up in his bed. (He didn't sleep through it.) We had planned to have a fun birthday party for the boys on Saturday night, but postponed it to Sunday with Lauren being sick. Then with Ethan getting sick, we had to postpone it until further notice. Ethan was sick until Wednesday night and has already tried to play the 'my tummy hurts, so I need to watch a movie' card. 
 
Dylan ended up getting sick on Monday night and has missed school all week. Poor guy was supposed to have a field trip today (Fair Oaks Dairy Farm). I guess we'll just have to take him sometime this summer to make up for it. Finger's crossed he will feel better tomorrow so he can go to Spring Party at school. We have had sick kids around this house for 9 days straight! I am SOOOOO looking forward to our trip to Florida! We all need it so bad! We are leaving on Saturday morning, unless someone else gets sick.
Ethan has been getting out of bed a lot lately. We found him eating chocolate one night. Another night we didn't know where he was. This is how we found him:
Dylan didn't even know he slept in his bed. Too cute!

No comments: