Thursday, May 16, 2013

Surprise!

I had the fun opportunity to surprise Ricky the week after his birthday with a trip to Kings Island in Cincinnati, OH. I was worried that he would find out, since so many people knew about it, but he was totally shocked! I had our friends, Ethan and Libby, come with us. We all met at our house about 5:30pm. I told Ricky I needed him home early because his parents were coming over for dinner. We then surprised Ricky with dinner out with our friends and his parents were watching the kids. We asked him where he wanted to go and we convinced him we should go to Indy for dinner. He decided on Cheesecake Factory, soo good! Ethan was driving, so I told him to just get on the interstate heading south and we would tell Ricky when he noticed. We were all just talking and having a good time in the car. almost halfway to Cincinnati, Ricky noticed the sign said 74 East. He asked if Ethan knew where he was going. We all started laughing. I then told Ricky that it would be fun to just go to Cincinnati for the night. He was really confused. His responses were, "Do my parents know about this?" and "I have to work tomorrow." He was so surprised! I love it! He finally calmed down and we had a great time! In the morning, we headed over to Kings Island for the day. It was Friday, so we were hoping it wouldn't be too busy and it wasn't! We only had to wait about 15 minutes for a ride. It was beautiful weather (75 degrees with a nice breeze), which made a wonderful time. 
 
We rode the Diamondback first, followed by the Beast and realized that our stomachs couldn't handle the roller coasters as much as they used to. We stopped for lunch and then rode the Flight Deck and then went on the Extreme Highflyer. That was the one where they pull you up really high and then you pull the rip cord and fall and swing through the sky. It was awesome, but I probably won't be doing it again soon.
 
 Since we paid to get in, we decided we should ride a few more rides. We went on the train and the Racer. Ricky, Ethan and Libby went on the Adventure Express and Windtower. I didn't want to get sick, so I just watched. Before we left, we thought it would be fun to ride the White Water Canyon. We got soaked, but it was so much fun! We felt like kids again!
We ended up leaving the park around 6 and went to a local theater to see Iron Man 3. Ricky was excited to see it, so it worked out perfectly. The movie was excellent! We made it home by 1am, which was when I told them we would be home. It was a great mini-road trip to celebrate Ricky's birthday! 

No comments: