Monday, April 21, 2014

January

January had an interesting start. The kids were supposed to go back to school on the 7th (Tuesday), but didn't make it back until the 9th, with a 2 hour delay. We have had crazy snow storms the whole month of January. The kids have been home from school 4 days with who knows how many 2 hour delays (I lost track). It makes my life interesting, because I babysit for 2 little girls everyday and the boys that I watch before and after school are here for the delays. On delay days, I have 7 kids until 10:30 and snow days, I have 6 kids all day! Plus, we had a fever/sickness that lasted about 10 days between all of the kids and Ricky. I was fortunate enough to not get it this time. Who knows if I'll be as lucky next time! The worst part of this winter is the below zero temperatures. It has been so cold, we can't even go outside! Let's just say I am getting over having Cabin Fever, which is why I haven't been on here much lately.

I started babysitting for a new family in my neighborhood in January.  It was a little rough at first, but I am getting accustom to it now. I have a almost 5 year old and a 16 month old. They are very sweet, but the older girl has an attitude that we are working on. I have them full time (Mon-Fri 7:30-5:30) which is also an adjustment for me. I will say the extra money is nice.

January 4th, we went to the Train Expo at the State Fair grounds. Ethan was in heaven! He had the best day ever! My mom and I took turns following him around as he was in sensory overload with all of the trains going everywhere!
Lauren started dance class again this semester. She wanted to do Ballet class, so we switched. She had a rough time going the first week and wouldn't let me leave the room. Last week, she told me after class that she just sat there the whole time. What am I going to do with that girl?!?!

This is how the back yard has looked almost the entire month. We had a ton of snow this year!
 The kids always want hot chocolate after thy play outside or help shovel. Fun times!
 Our mailbox has it's own little snow dome around it. (The snow is even higher now!) Dylan thought it was so much fun to climb the snow piles.
 Here is a summary of our month! Jammies and iPad (when daddy is home)
 The snow made this cool effect on the windows. I thought it was really neat.

No comments: