Monday, May 17, 2010

Catch-up

I am so far behind on blogging! Sorry! I guess that's what 3 kids will do to you! I really do have my hands full with them, but I wouldn't change it for the world! I feel so blessed to have 3 wonderful kids. I guess I should do an update on each of them. Here is the first family picture that we got! I can't believe that it took 6 weeks to get a picture of all five of us!
Ethan- he is 8 weeks old today. I can hardly believe it. He sleeps really well and eats a ton! He is growing fast and I think he might be my little chunky baby! (I'll find out next week at his 2 month appointment how much he weighs.) He sleeps a 7 hour stretch and then a 4 hour stretch at night and naps frequently throughout the day. I guess he has to be a good baby since I am still looking after his big brother and sister! He loves noises like the bathroom fan, chirping noises from his swing, the blow dryer, and the vacuum. He likes his swing and loves to be cuddled! He enjoys being in his carrier if I am walking. He usually falls asleep in it!

Lauren- she is growing fast, too! She will be 2 in July, but has already started the attitude and tantrums. She will throw herself onto the floor and cry because she isn't getting what she wants. I have to be careful who I scold when she screams, because half of the time it's her not getting her way. Dylan isn't even close to her! Silly girl! She is just testing her limits. She loves to read before bed, her favorite book right now is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?". She talks a TON! We are working on saying please. That's a hard thing for a 2 year old! She is full of energy and loves to mimic whatever Dylan is doing. She is still working with her physical therapist on walking. She is doing great with walking all the time, but still has issues with her core muscles. We are working on strengthening them. We did cut back to twice a month instead of every week. She started the spring out by screaming every time we put her on a swing, but now will ask to sit on them. It's because of her fear of motion. It all goes back to her core muscles, so hopefully she will outgrow this fear. She loves her baby brother and is always in his face saying, "Hi, baby!".

Dylan- he is full of energy and loves to talk. He is learning so fast! He will hear me say something and come back the next day and repeat it! He is a good big brother and tries to help Lauren do things. Too bad she usually doesn't want his help. He helps me out around the house and loves to cook! I can't do anything in the kitchen without him coming to help me! He also loves to play outside. I can't wait to get our new swing set up so he can play on it! He enjoys walking to the library to get books and movies. He loves to play computer games. He is always asking me to play! I guess they aren't that bad if they are educational, right? He is always hungry, but won't eat most fruits and veggies. He actually ate grapes the other day! That is a big improvement for him! He is a great kid!

Melissa- I am coping with having 3 children under 5. I have my good days and bad days. It is getting easier and I love spending time with my children! I am trying to keep up with the housework, but my kids are my priority. I keep reminding myself that the kids will grow up, and the housework will still be there! I have my productive days, and then some days where I get nothing done. Last week, I did 8 loads of laundry in one day! The kids were a great help. I love being a stay-at-home mom! I am getting back into couponing and saving money. It makes me happy to save money!

Ricky- he is really busy with work. He has taken over the mall kiosk as their manager, so he hasn't been around as much. He loves playing with the kids when he gets home, even though he is exhausted. He is going to be finishing up with school in either December or May, depending on when the classes he needs are offered. He is doing a great job of supporting our family and we love him very much! He still enjoys playing his computer games when he gets the chance!

I can't believe that I actually had time to write all of this in one sitting! Ethan is just now waking up and crying. Hopefully it won't be as long before I get a chance to write again!

2 comments:

Amy Rose said...

Sounds like having three is as crazy as I'm afraid it is. I'm not sure I'll ever be brave enough for it. You're doing a great job, it's hard to remember sometimes what is important, but I have learned that the housework is never at the top of the list! (ok, maybe never is extreme... But you know what I mean.)

Leah said...

Your post reminded me of that quote about "raising kids, not grass" and I often feel that way about things around the house. And it's true-your kids will always have better memories of you being with them than of how clean the house was! Your doing a great job! Oh, and enjoy that good sleeper and pray that mine will be too!