Monday, October 11, 2010

Festivals

This past weekend, I went to the covered bridge festival with my mom. I was kind of hesitant to go after the experience we had last year. (Dylan burned his hand and had to pee every 5 minutes!) I only took Lauren and Ethan this time and it turned out to be a beautiful day. It got up to 90 degrees outside, so we were sweating like crazy, but I got some shopping in this year! I really enjoyed the nice scenery and the whole experience was great. It was just what I needed with this crazy, busy schedule. Thanks mom!

The weekend before, Dylan, Ethan, Ricky's mom and I went to the Feast of the Hunter's Moon. Like every year, the food was excellent. It was a beautiful fall day and we all had fun. Dylan got to pick out a toy and got a wooden sword. He thought it was pretty cool. The only downfall this year was the wait for the buses back to the parking lot. We had to wait for an hour and a half! Luckily the kids were great and we had a parade to watch. Dylan told us on the way home that he had a great time. That just makes the whole experience worth it!

We are all hanging in there. Ricky's leg looks about the same, so we have to keep getting x-rays for the doctor to make sure it's healing properly. His foot is still really swollen, but he can bend his knee and he gets around pretty good on crutches. I guess that's good, since he will only be walking with crutches until Christmas! I am keeping up with everyone. The hardest part of this whole thing is that Ricky is here, but he can't do the same things that he used to! I have a rough time with putting the kids to bed some nights. I miss having Ricky put the kids to bed. It was my relaxing time and now it is my busiest time. I guess it's partly because I have been chasing the kids around all day and they are usually a little hyper. It's nice that Ricky can hold Ethan while I'm putting the other 2 to bed!

Speaking of beds, Lauren decided to take her diaper off again yesterday morning. This time she had more than just pee and it was all over the bed. Yuck! I just carried her to the bathroom and put her in the shower. It was disgusting. I ordered some pull-ups, so maybe we should start using them instead of diapers. She is growing up too fast! Right now, she is sleeping in Dylan's bed. She said that she wanted to sleep there, so I said ok. She didn't get out of bed at all! I thought that she would try to play with all of the toys in his room, but she is out! Maybe we should put her in the toddler bed and stick with potty training. I just need to suck it up and stick with it.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Kiah caught on to the bed thing a lot quicker than Evan... I think little girls like the idea of sleeping in a bed, I bet she would love a toddler bed! (and then maybe she could get up and go potty all by herself :))

Leah said...

We miss you guys! I need to call and get a full update on things! Hang in there-wish I could help!