Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

I can't believe that I'm 28 years old! It seems like just yesterday I was turning 21 and getting married. Now I have 3 children and a busy life! Dylan had school in the morning, and then we met Jaime and her boys for lunch at Chick-fil-A. It was nice to spend time with her since they are moving to South Carolina in a few months. I sure am going to miss them! After lunch, we came home to 2 bouquets of flowers! One from my parents and one from my friend, Wendy. They are beautiful and I always love flowers! About an hour later, there was another bouquet of flowers delivered from Ricky. I guess that works out because 3 is my favorite number! Ricky brought home some yummy doughnuts and gave my my gift of a North Face jacket. I have always wanted one, so my sweet hubby got me one! Yeah! I love it and it definitely keeps me warm! We all went to Scotty's Brewhouse for dinner. (I got a coupon for a free dinner and dessert!) I now know why we don't go out to eat as a family very often. It was a little crazy, but it wouldn't be life if it wasn't crazy! The food was very yummy! Thanks for a wonderful day!
Yesterday, Dylan made me some cupcakes, since we didn't have any on my birthday! I enjoy celebrating and sharing time with my children. Dylan is growing up so fast! He doesn't usually remember what he learns at school unless I ask him specifics. He enjoys it, but won't tell me what he's learned. I've heard that it's a boy thing. He asked me in the car the other day when we are going to move. I have no clue where that came from, but he said that he wants a different colored house. To be a kid again!
Lauren is almost potty trained! Yeah! She wears her princess underwear when we are at home, and then princess pull-ups when we are out. She only had 2 accidents yesterday and one this morning, so we are doing pretty good! She just had her yearly exam for first steps. She is excellent in everything except gross motor skills. She is still having some difficulties with confidence and can't walk up the stairs. The therapist said that she can't stand on one leg and that some of her muscles still aren't strong. We will continue working with her therapist once a month to hopefully get her muscles strong. Lauren is a talker! When we take Dylan to school, she is constantly talking. She loves to play with Dylan, but is getting unsure of Ethan getting in her space. She is still trying to 'mommy' him by shoving his pacifier in his mouth or rolling him over. I guess that's the girl in her.
Ethan is all over the place! I set him down to go do something in the kitchen, and within a minute he is right there! He doesn't like to be left alone (maybe why he started crawling faster)! He loves to watch Dylan and Lauren playing. He even joins in sometimes. He takes 2 naps a day, which I love! Except for the first one is usually right when I need to leave to get Dylan from school. We are working things out! He also decided that he NEEDS to wake up to eat 2 times! I can't handle it for much longer. Ricky is hoping to help ween him from this bad habit when he can walk. He has a little cold, so I think I'll wait til he feels better.

Ricky is doing well. His leg is healing good and the doctor said that he can start putting a little weight on it. He usually doesn't use his crutches around the house. I'm sure that it feels good to get around without them!

3 comments:

kristine N said...

Happy (belated) birthday! Sounds like it was a good one!

Unknown said...

it sounds like you are quite busy-- but a good busy. I love flowers too so yay for 3 bouquets!!!

Leah said...

Happy Birthday again! I love reading the updates-makes me feel not so far from you all!