Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer has started

We decided to keep busy this summer. Dylan and Lauren started swim lessons at Happy Hollow pool last week. The week started out sour with thunderstorms on Monday, but luckily the rest of the week was good. It got a little cold on Friday (65 degrees outside of the pool) but the pools are heated and they are kids! Dylan surprises me all the time. He was moved up to the level 1-2 and loves doing what the teachers tell him! He is doing front floats and pushing off the wall to swim to his teachers. It's great!Lauren wasn't too sure about the lessons at first. She is a little shy when she doesn't know the teachers. She has been doing great and shows me the animals that she learns. It's soo cute!
Ricky had a fun project to do for the first time ever...put together a bike. We broke down and bought one for Dylan. He has outgrown the one he used last year and was always wanting to walk because of it. As soon as Ricky had it done, Dylan was off! He rode around the pond 2 times while I walked once! He LOVES it! He was outside riding around the pond again today for over a half an hour. The next step is learning how to ride without the training wheels!
I also took on the task of babysitting from 9-2 everyday. It's just one little boy who's 18 months old (4 months older than Ethan) and I feel like I am at a point in my life where I can handle it. I started last week and things have been great so far. We load up in the car everyday for swim lessons and some days we have little adventures! We made it to the store one day and the park another. The kids do great with him and love him so much.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Looks like the same bikini girl is teaching water exploration as last year...Would love to see Lauren doing her animals!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been busy. I love the name of the blog. -Brent