Monday, October 10, 2011

Haircut and Make-up

Lauren decided that she wants to grow up faster than she really is. Friday afternoon she was supposed to be taking a nap in her room. Well, she doesn't like to stay in her bed, even at night, so this day wasn't too much different. I went upstairs to find her playing with toys in her room. No big deal, right? She looks up at me and I see her hair! I asked her what she did and she replied, "I on't know." I went into my bathroom to find chunks of her hair in the trash. I guess she just felt like cutting off her ponytail. Great! I don't know how to fix it, so I think we may have to take her in and get it done.
Then on Saturday night, I heard a noise upstairs. I told Ricky it was his turn as I had already been up there 3 times. He went up there almost 2 hours after we put Lauren to bed to find her putting make-up all over her face. She had mascara on her cheeks and blue eye shadow everywhere! Ricky thought it was hilarious, but I didn't. Probably because she messed up all of my make-up! We are going to have to start locking that girl in her room!
Saturday was a great day! We have been having wonderful weather around here! In the 80's for over a week! My parents came up here for the day to help around the house and to make applesauce. My mom and I made 3 bushels of apples into applesauce! We ended up with 110 pints! That's a lot of applesauce! It took all day and the help of everyone, but we managed to get it all done! Yeah! I love accomplishing things!My dad and Ricky worked on a few projects around the house. The kids toilet was broken again, surprise, surprise! When we were all sick, Dylan clogged it up and flooded the bathroom. It ended up coming through the ceiling downstairs, so they had to re-paint all the spots on the ceiling. Fun times! Then my dad fixed the mailbox, while Ricky mowed. Our homeowners association sent us a letter stating that our mailbox was not up to code since it was missing the topper. So instead of spending $200 on a new one, my dad fixed ours up! Thanks boys!
Why is it that life gets so busy when you think it's going to settle down? I can't believe that it's already October! Last weekend, we spent time in Illinois with my extended family. My dad's younger sister died of cancer after a few months struggling with it. She had breast cancer a few years ago and overcame it, but this time, the cancer was to far spread. It made me very thankful for life and all the blessings I have been given. It was hard on all of us since we were pretty close to her. It was very nice to spend time with my cousins, who I haven't seen in a few years, and my grandparents (my mom's parents). Although a funeral is not fun, it was nice to celebrate her life with the family that is still living.

That's all I can think of right now! Have a good day!

No comments: