Sunday, November 20, 2011

Busy week

Sunday after church we headed to Indy for dinner with my family. We wanted to squeeze in some family pictures since I waited too long and my friends were booked. Next year I'll have to schedule earlier! You live and learn! Luckily, my mom was more than willing to take some for us! (Thanks mom!) They turned out really good and I can't wait to see the prints I ordered! We had a great time with my sister and brother and their families, too! The cousins love to spend time together!

Dylan was the STAR of the week this whole week, which meant that he got to bring a poster about himself in on Monday, he got to bring snacks in every day for the week, and he got to bring a show and tell every day. I let him pick out the snacks he wanted to bring, so we ended up doing pretzels, animal crackers, pumpkin muffins, goldfish crackers, and rice krispie treats. It was fun to see what he wanted instead of just picking for him. He felt special all week and was telling the teacher how excited he was to bring snacks for everyone. How fun it is to have a kindergartener!

Friday for date night, Ricky was having another computer gaming party, I met my mom at the nail salon for pedicures! Heavenly! I love getting a pedicure and spending time with my mom! After the pedicure, we spent the last few minutes shopping! My next favorite thing! I think I could shop all day long and still not be tired of it! Kids make it hard to get things done, especially when they start remembering things! I guess that's what good friends are for! My mom offered to take the kids for the night (I mean, who doesn't want to spend the night at grandma's house!) so I enjoyed a quiet evening to myself! It was so nice!

Saturday, we were invited to 3 parties! How fun! I went to a baby shower in the morning (yeah for girl time!) then we headed to Indy for my best friend from high school's boy's birthday party. They had the party at Monster Mini Golf, and the kids had a blast! Since the kids were at my parent's house, Ethan stayed and took a nap. It was a TON easier to not have him there! There were tons of kids and we would have spent the day chasing him instead of having fun! Dylan and Lauren loved playing golf and the arcade games. Lauren was even putting by herself about half way through! We didn't make it back to the third party, but we stayed at my parent's house for some pizza and games.

Today is a relaxing day from the busy week. Dylan stayed at grandma's again, so I have to go get him as soon as the other kids wake up. Ethan has been sleeping for 4 1/2 hours and Lauren for over 2! I am enjoying some quiet time as the holidays are fast approaching and I know things are going to get crazy! Ricky also had to work today, as he will most of the week. I am thankful he gets Thanksgiving Day off, but will have to work very early on Friday and Saturday. The joys of retail shops. I am also thankful that he has a job to support our family. Thanks for all your hard work, hun! I love you!

1 comment:

Amy Rose said...

I love it when they do "star of the week" at school. I can't wait for my girls to be in school, and I hope they do that stuff!


I did make the magnets, they are ridiculously easy, my friend taught me last year, and I think I have seen them floating around Pinterest, which I think were done the same way I did mine...