Thursday, February 9, 2012

Baby Colin

A couple of weeks ago, I took Lauren to the store after dance class. Apparently she was a little to tired for the store that day, because she fell asleep sitting up in the cart! I couldn't believe it! I guess some days she really needs her beauty sleep!


I've had a busy week around here. My sister-in-law, Joanna, and best friend, Jaime, both had their babies on Sunday. Jaime had to move to South Carolina, so I haven't gotten to see her baby yet. Joanna is just in Indy, so I headed there right after church. He was about 7 hours old when I got to hold him, so precious! I also got the privilege of changing his first poopy diaper. Luck me! It wasn't that bad! I'd much rather change his diaper than Ethan's! Colin joined their family on Sunday around noon and is very loved! Alex, Joanna's boy who is 4 1/2, came up here to spend some time with us while she was in the hospital. Lauren and Dylan loved having him around and it was really fun to see them interacting with each other. He was great the whole time! Thanks for letting us have him!
 Wednesday night, we took Alex home and took advantage of holding baby Colin again. Lauren LOVED holding him. She told me to get my camera to take a picture of her. When I asked her if she was done, she gave me the death glare and stated NO! She was so good with him. (And in case you are wandering, being around him does NOT make me want another one yet! I already have 2 kids that need too much attention!)
Congratulations Kris and Joanna! You made a keeper!

2 comments:

VicandNanc said...

Man do I ever wish Tommy would fall asleep in a shopping cart! When he is tired he just throws tantrums & never stops until he reaches the car seat or his bed!

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa! Found your blog as you can see. Those pictures of Lauren are so cute. Can't believe she fell asleep standing up. And I love the newborn one. So precious!