Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy Valentine's day

For Valentine's day this year, we decided not to do a gift exchange. I like it better that way, no pressure and just fun. I did get Ricky some cute little candy bars with sayings for 14 days. He enjoyed getting something everyday. I got the kids a little candy to celebrate the holiday, too. They enjoyed that. We had some pink pancakes in the shape of hearts for breakfast, thanks to my wonderful hubby! Dylan had a Valentine's day party at school, so I got to be there with him. It was really fun. One of his classmates, gave him a valentine, and he had no clue! She only got one to give out (apart from the class ones) and she chose Dylan! So cute! Lauren and Ethan got to hang out with grandma for the morning. They had some friends over on Friday for a little Valentine's playgroup at our house. We made some peanut butter cookies with chocolate hearts for our treats. They were a big hit! For dinner, we thought about going to Scotty's Brewhouse since kids eat free on Tuesdays, but there was over an hour wait. We settled for Moe's instead and the kids loved it. It was nice to go to dinner with the family. Ricky and I got to enjoy dinner on Friday night for date night, instead of Valentine's day! Hope everyone had a great day!

1 comment:

VicandNanc said...

You inspire me to get out more!