Sunday, June 2, 2013

June already?

May went by too fast! Here is what we have been up to lately:
Tuesday the 21st, we had a fire-station tour for playgroup. It was great for the kids to see firemen up close and with their full gear on. Ethan and Jack were so cute. They held hands for most of the day! They really are close and it is going to be so hard when they leave.

 The whole group of kids.
 The best buds, Ethan and Jack.

Thursday after art class, I got to help out with Dylan's class at school. My friend and I traded babysitting so we could each go. It is always nice to help out at school and I really enjoyed seeing Dylan with all of his friends.
Friday was Ricky's day off, so I got to help out again with Field Day at school. The kids love it and this year it was actually cooler outside. Dylan had a great time and then after it was over, he asked me to stay for lunch. I haven't been able to come for lunch, so this was a nice treat for us. This was also the last day of school for the year. We made some special treats for his teachers. He was so excited to hand them out! 
  The kids loved playing tug of war. Too bad it wasn't more evenly matched, we had to add the principal and teachers! We finally won one! 
 
 Dylan and Mrs. Younts on his last day of First Grade!
 
 We dog-sat for my sister the whole week, too. Lexi was a cutie, but chewed up everything!
 All four of my little ones swinging on a beautiful spring day!
  Saturday, we thought it would be fun to visit the Children's Museum in Indy one last time before our membership ran out. We stayed for the parade at the end of the day and the kids loved it.

 Dylan woke up Saturday night saying that he couldn't breath very well. He was coughing and struggling. We went to an allergy doctor on Tuesday and found out that Dylan is allergic to dogs and basically everything outside. On top of that, he has asthma. Fun times! Luckily we took the dog back to my sister as I'm pretty sure that he was having trouble breathing from having the dog in the house all week. We are getting the hang of using an inhaler. He is such a trooper and I'm so glad that we finally know why he has been coughing so much at night.

For Memorial day, we went to a friend's house for a cookout. They have a pool in the back yard, but I thought it was too cold (High of only 68) so I didn't even bring the kids swim stuff. They saw the other kids in the pool and wanted in, so I went home to get their stuff. My kids were in the pool from 3 to about 6! They loved it so much! Ricky and I got to play some games with the other parents' so it was a great day for everyone! 

This past weekend, we had our garage sale. The kids really got into it and loved helping out. Dylan even filled a box with toys we could get rid of! We had a great time and sold tons of clothes and stuff. Dylan made some extra money selling donuts and drinks. He was so excited that he woke up early both days to go get donuts from the store. Gotta love it! 

I guess we are ready for the month of June and summer! I am looking forward to enjoying the summer with my kids, hopefully we don't go crazy and have some great memories.

No comments: