Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I did it!

So I made it with only one blister and just over 2 1/2 hours! It was really fun and exciting. I had a great time training and even lost a few pounds! The weather was a bit cool in the morning, but turned out to be fantastic! We couldn't have asked for a better day! Here are the official results:
Overall place: 1497 Pace: 11:34 Finish time: 2:31:40.7
Here we are just before we started the race. Katrina on the left ran it in 2 hours 13 mins., me, and Bobette ran it in 2 hours 1 min. I was very impressed with both of them! For being my first marathon, I think I did pretty good!
I got these pictures of my friend Katrina's blog. (Thanks!) We ran together for about the first 5 miles. I had to stop for a second to get a drink and she kept going. It was very nice to have someone to run with!
This is right before the finish. I ran the last 4 miles with the woman in front of me. We pushed each other to run! Katrina had already finished, but she joined me in the last part. It was very nice of her! Thanks!
After we finished, Dylan and Chandler were playing in the grass. They were being their cute selves! Ricky got Dylan to cheer for me! It was really cute!
And here's Dylan again! He was being such a cutie!
I don't know how many more half marathons I want to do, but I definitely would like to continue running. I had forgotten how much I enjoy it! Next time, I think I will do a shorter run! Thanks again to everyone who gave me support! I really appreciate it!

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

Congratulations! I wish I had that willpower. I sure miss Bobette pushing me to actually run. Dylan is getting so big!

kristine N said...

Yeah! Congratulations on finishing, and on training so hard for the half-marathon. You Rock!

Heather S. said...

That's so awesome! Congratulations! I don't think I could ever do that.

Charlotte said...

Good job, Melissa!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!! You did a great job!