Sunday, December 30, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! We had a wonderful time celebrating with all of our extended family this year! We actually got to spend time with both sides on Christmas Day! We hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday! Here is the picture of Dylan with Santa that I promised! You can't see his face, but he was really scared. What's up with kids being afraid of someone who brings you presents? So we spent the weekend with my parents' family. We got to spend time with both sets of grandparents (Melissa's) on Saturday. My dad's mom fell last week and had to have stitches above her eye. She is doing better now, but she's really weak. My mom's mom fell and broke her hip last month and is still in recovery from the surgery. Thank goodness for grandpa taking care of her and giving her love. We are keeping them both in our prayers as to have a speedily recovery. Then we spent Sunday celebrating with my aunt and uncle and their families. We are really close since there are only 6 grand kids on that side. Saturday night we all went to a ice hockey game with a mock Beetles concert after. It was lots of fun spending time with my cousins and none of the children! (Thanks to grandparents for watching them!) Sunday was a nice relaxing day spent with family. I love those kinds of days! My camera got left in the car overnight, so I couldn't take any pictures that day. My mom took some that I will be posting soon!
On Christmas Eve, we drove down to my parent's house to spend the night. We had a tradition of going over to my best friends' house and reading the Christmas story with her family. They still do it every year with those who can make it. We sing songs as they fit in with the story which puts us in the Christmas spirit. Then we get to eat lots of yummy food! The above picture is of Dylan going to bed on Christmas Eve. He was so tired, but still happy! What a good boy!
Here is Dylan opening his stocking! He was so excited as he pulled more and more out of it! He got really excited when he got to the candy part, so he got a special treat before breakfast! My parents have a tradition of having the missionaries over for breakfast, so we waited to eat with them! We then opened all of our cool presents. Landon got this really cool train that goes in a circle around the track. Brayden and Dylan were playing on it for a long time! And Landon got to take his turn on Dylan's cool 4-wheeler! You can see him in the background! It's starting to get chaotic with the addition of so many people, but we still love it!
Then around noon, we packed up the car and headed over to Ricky's parents house. We got to open presents with them and then enjoy a wonderful dinner. We got a new game called "Would you rather?" where you have to answer a question of what you would rather do. It was pretty interesting. We then got to play our favorite card game "Canasta." It was lots of fun!
The day after Christmas, I got the flu. Bummer! I hate being sick! Thank goodness Dylan was a good boy while Ricky was working! Now that I'm feeling better, I have to finish packing up our apartment for our move on Tuesday! (It's at 5pm if anyone wants to come help!) We are moving into Ricky's parent's house as we continue our house hunt. Things have been a little slow around here with the holidays, but we're hoping to find a great house soon! We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season. I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again! See you all soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure do love the Tate family! Appreciate your comments on the TSO - what an enjoyable night. I loved having everyone over for Christmas, too! Hussle,bussle comes to mind, but no problem with me. Have you gone to see my pictures yet? I need your log-on for reprints. You got some great shots.
Sure love you - Mom (Grandma)