Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chicago

I love going to Chicago. It's not too far, but far enough to get away from everyday life. We had a wonderful time. On Thursday, we went to Navy Pier and walked around. The kids were great, and so we ventured over to Michigan Ave. to shop. I loved that part! While we were at the mall, Dylan fell and hit his forehead very hard. Luckily we were inside Macy's, so they took care of him. They got an ice pack for his head. Poor little guy. He had an instant goose egg. We then took him to get some ice cream to get his mind off of the pain. While I went to go change Lauren's diaper, which was a blowout, Dylan's nose started bleeding. We were concerned, but kept a close watch on him and he was ok. It was very scary, though.The kids did great in the car, but not so great at the hotel. Go figure! Lauren was fussy from her teeth coming in, and Dylan just wanted to go swimming He woke up and asked to go swimming at the swimming pool. It was really cute, so Ricky took him while I got ready for the temple. This was the first time that Ricky and I took turns going to the temple. We usually plan to have a sitter with us. It worked out great. I took the kids to the Kohl Children's Museum while Ricky was at the temple. The whole trip was very relaxing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that you got to go to the temple! I have been trying to go for months and something always comes up. What a fun time to go as a family!! Miss you guys!