Tuesday, May 12, 2009

First accident

We had our first little accident yesterday. Ricky was playing with Lauren and picked her up to get her to stop fussing, and heard a popping sound. I nursed her, because she was tired and crying hysterically, and she was still upset. She wouldn't move her arm at all. I decided to take her into the Urgent Care center after calling the doctors office. They didn't have any appointments until 4:30 and we couldn't wait that long. I got there and they had an hour wait. I thought that seemed long, so I called another Urgent Care center just down the street. They didn't have a wait, so I headed over there. Luckily, my friend offered to watch Dylan or I think I might have gone crazy! Poor Lauren was in so much pain. I felt bad for her. She had dislocated her elbow. I didn't even know that was possible. I had heard about dislocating shoulders, but never elbows. I guess now I know! After two hours and 2 Urgent Care centers, we finally got her arm fixed. She was a happy little girl once the doctor put it back in place. She fell asleep on the way home from the doctor. We learned our lesson about how fragile her little arms are.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh no that is so sad. I am glad she is better now.

Anonymous said...

Poor girly!!

Faith said...

Hey Melissa!! I'm so glad you found me!! Thanks so much for your super sweet compliments!! You have such an adorable family! I'm SO sorry to hear about your daughter's elbow though. I had no idea that could happen either.

Debbie said...

Aww...Matthew had that too once! I think they called it "nurse maids elbow"...he was such a tough kid though....he didnt even cry just was saying "owie" over and over and not moving his arm. He was totally fine after they popped it back in!