Thursday, February 4, 2010

Loving those lazy days

Ricky would probably disagree with the title, but I love lounging around the house with my family all day. (Especially after having a long week of him working an hour away and being gone for 11 hours a day!) The day started off really well with Ricky's class being canceled. He came home and made breakfast for us. Yum! I then thought that a roast sounded good, so I started dinner. The day seems to go more smoothly if dinner is done in the morning. If I didn't have so many morning activities, this might become a reality! I really enjoyed getting a few little things done around the house. I have been wanting to get some pictures hung up in our bedroom, so today was the perfect day. Ricky was great and helped me all day! Thanks baby! We asked Dylan what he thought of the picture and his response was, " I love it mom." He is picking up the funniest things. I think I am also in the nesting mood. I got the nursery/spare room cleaned out so that I can tape it off and paint it soon. I bought the paint last week and am itching to get the room painted. Anyone want a couple of kids for an afternoon so I can paint the nursery?

I can't believe that I'm 33 weeks pregnant. Time has been flying by so quickly! This little bugger is very active and kicks me all the time. Dylan thinks it is neat when he gets the hiccups, which happens almost daily. I think Dylan is getting more used to the fact that we are having a little baby soon. When we talk about it, he says stuff like, "I know." I guess he's just too smart for his own good.

Dylan has had some of the funniest saying lately. Having a conversation with him can be great! He said, "Are you serious?" to me when I was asking him to do something. Silly kid, and yes, I am serious. He really reminds me of Ricky. (I think he might be somewhat of a class-clown later in life!) In church, Dylan graduated to the next class called the Sunbeams. (Our church changes classes in January based on what year you were born.) They had 21 kids going to the Sunbeams class, so they separated them into 3 classes! I know, we have a huge ward! Anyway, Dylan is not so sure about singing time and sharing time. He told me that he wants to go back to nursery. I had to tell him that he doesn't have to like it, but he does have to sit through it. He doesn't want to participate at all! I don't know why, but he just sits in his chair and won't sing. He knows the songs, too! Last Sunday, we were listening to one of the church songs that they were learning (we are still teaching in the primary, so we see him and know the songs, too) on the way to church, and Dylan sang the whole song! I'm glad that he is learning the songs, I just wish he would participate at church! Silly boy!

Lauren's eye teeth are coming in. Poor girl! They seemed to be the worst ones for Dylan, too. She whines all the time. She will just start crying and crawl over to my feet and look up at me. Her look is the "Just pick me up so that I can stop crying" one. She is a very smart girl. She knows how to try to get her way and how to blame things on Dylan. I have to catch myself before getting after Dylan for making her cry. Sometimes she is just crying because she is not getting her way! She is being very stuborn about walking. She will do it if you tell her to, but not by herself. I really hope she will pick it up soon! She's getting really heavy!

No comments: