Monday, December 17, 2012

December

December 4: 
 We had Moms and Tots at the local candy store, McCord's, this week. They let us tour the kitchen and they showed us how they make their famous candy canes. It was really cool! Then they let the kids form their own candy cane! Ethan made a circle and Lauren made a cane, but they both dropped them before we left the store.They were really good, even in little pieces!
We took advantage of the warmer weather and looked at the neat store front downtown Lafayette.
December 8:
My parents, sister and her fiance came up here to spend the day with me! I have the best family ever! My mom and dad came up early to help out with the Christmas Jubliee that was hosted at our church for families in need. This was the first year I was able to help out at the event, and it was such a humbling experience. My mom went with me and my dad stayed home with the kids, since Ricky had to work all day (the joys of a retail job during the holidays). After we got home, we just spent the afternoon hanging out. It was so nice and relaxing! For dinner, we went to McCallister's Deli for some yummy sandwiches. After dinner, we went to the Living Nativity at the Faith Church. It was such a great night! The kids really enjoyed the presentation of Christ's life and it was so nice to be reminded of the true meaning of this holiday season. 
December 9:
Sunday was our church Christmas program (since we are still somewhat of a student ward, we have to do our Christmas program before everyone leaves for 3 weeks!) and it was AWESOME! The choir did a great job and then they had people bearing their testimonies. My neighbor, Jeanie, was finally able to attend with me. We have been working on getting her there for a while now. What a great weekend!
December 13:
Lauren had her Christmas program at her Preschool. My mom was able to come and it was so cute! They sang 7 songs and Lauren did a great job! They had a little reception afterwards where the kids enjoyed lots of cookies!
Lauren with her teachers, Miss Dee and Miss Lori.
I forgot to post about her Thanksgiving program, so I'll put that in here, too! They did it during the day, so Ricky couldn't come and I had the other 3 kids. This is the best picture I got of her. You can play 'Where's Lauren!'


December 15:
 Ricky had to work again, so I took the kids to Breakfast with Santa at Ivy Tech. They offered free breakfast, activities for the kids and pictures with Santa! The kids had a great time!



I don't think the kids said anything to Santa, but they all smiled for the picture and enjoyed their candy canes! That evening was our ward Christmas Party and the theme this year was 'Bethlehem.' They had the room set up like a street in Bethlehem and everyone was dressed up. After we shopped the little stores, they had a nice program with everyone singing hymns. It was really nice!

What a great start to the Holiday season! I love this time of year and wish the time would slow down just a little so I can get more things done! I will just have to keep dreaming about that every happening!

No comments: