Monday, December 17, 2012

The Big 3-0!

December 1st weekend:

I was fortunate enough to have my Thirtieth birthday on a Saturday! Ricky surprised me and took me to Chicago for the weekend with no kids! He got a hotel on Michigan Ave. with a gorgeous view and we just hung out and enjoyed the weekend! 

Friday night we went to a local restaurant close to our hotel. It was really good! After dinner, we headed to Navy Pier to see the Christmas tree in the Winter Wonderland. It was beautiful, but the whole place was set up for kids, bummer! We walked around for a minute and then headed back towards our hotel. We stopped at the theater and saw the last Twilight movie to make up for the long walk to Navy Pier.
 
Saturday morning, we headed out to search for a good place to eat breakfast. We found a couple of little places, but they were way too expensive. We ended up eating at the mall cafe that had a hot breakfast. It was really good and we got to finish breakfast up with some yummy Godiva chocolate! We explored down Michigan Ave for a little while, but it was very busy (Saturdays in December are hopping downtown Chicago!). We found a Wildfire restaurant that wasn't too far, so we walked about 10 blocks to get there to find out they weren't open for lunch. We were really striking out, but luckily Ed Debevic's was right around the corner. I had wanted to go there, but never got the chance. It was great fun! The servers are rude, but you can't leave without a smile on your face! After lunch, we headed home.What a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday! Thanks babe!
Sunday after dinner, Ricky's mom got me a birthday cake! It was really good and the kids enjoyed singing to me! I love my family so much!

No comments: