Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Swimming

We have been keeping busy with swim lessons these past two weeks. Boy are they time consuming, but way fun for the kids!
Ethan is a little fish in the water! He loves it!

Lauren and her friend, Makiah.

Lauren is enjoying a summer program called Kindergarten Readiness. It has been great for her, as she wants me to stay with her. We are getting better and I know she is enjoying it! The first day, she was crying and didn't want me to leave her. Close to the end of the third week, she wanted me to let her walk down the hall by herself. She didn't really need the schooling part of it, but I'm so glad she was able to get the social aspect of the program. Her she is on the first day:
And here she is on the last day:
 

 June 11th, we went to the Columbian Park Zoo. I had been wanting to get over there, and we finally made it. The kids had a blast!
And of course, Ethan had to sit on the water fountain. He rode home in his underwear. Silly boy! (I should have brought extra clothes for him, but forgot. Oh well!)
A fun afternoon with some friends enjoying the beautiful weather!
Happy Father's Day, Ricky! The kids had so much fun picking out gifts for dad this year! I love how excited they got! We love you and really appreciate all that you do for us!
I had my last day with Jack and Cadence last Thursday (June 20th). It was really bittersweet. I miss them, but am grateful for the time I get to spend with my kids this summer.
We went to the pool on Friday with friends, so much fun!
 

Last Saturday (June 22), the kids and I went to my parent's house for the day. We went swimming and played games. It was a nice afternoon until Ethan started screaming. I ran in to find his little fingers smashed between the metal hinges of my parents new couch. (It has a fold out cup holder/tray.) It was bleeding pretty bad, so we took him into the ER. 2 hours later, we came out with 5 stitches in his first finger and cuts and bruises on his second finger. Poor little guy! It is not broken, thankfully, and he got them out on Monday. His fingers are healing pretty well, but we still keep them covered to keep infection out. It also helps remind him not to use them for everything! 
Here he is right after getting home from the hospital.
And here his is all tuckered out with his fun new finger wrap.
 
We got a new mattress last week. Ricky wanted to get a king size bed, and we finally did.  It has a lot more space, and is way comfortable. I am so happy with our purchase! Now we just need to get a bed frame for it!

For our last day of swim class, we packed lunches and had a little picnic with all of our friends at the playground. Dylan had a great time climbing to the top!
Saturday, I had the opportunity to go to Chicago with 2 of my friends. We went to the temple, then to lunch at Wild Fire (amazing food, if you've never been!). After lunch we were deciding where to go and ended up going to the beach. It was overcast and windy, but it was beautiful! The other girls had never been there before, so it was really nice for them to see it. On the way home, we had to stop and get a Giordano's pizza for the family and then some candy from the Albanese Candy Factory to keep us going. It was so nice and relaxing to spend the day with the girls. Thanks!
We have been taking it slow this week. Nothing on the schedule and I love it! Cleaning is getting done, the kids are going crazy, just normal life! Just in time for our family vacation next week, yeah!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hey Melissa! I had a dream about going to Applebee's together the other night, and thought I'd better track down your blog so we can keep in touch! I am so completely jealous of your latest Chicago trip. Sounds like you guys are having a great summer!