Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July and Children's Museum

For the 4th of July, we went down to Indy to visit with my parents and to see one of my best friends growing up who was here visiting. It was nasty raining all day long, but that didn't stop us from going to the parade and park for lunch. We got there just as the parade was ending, so Dylan and I jumped out of the car to catch the last few cars go by. He got a sucker and a flag, so he was happy. Then we went to the park to meet up with my parents and Sarah. The kids enjoyed playing at the park in the rain. What can you do when it's raining all day on the 4th of July?!?!
Here is my friend Sarah. She was here visiting from Utah. I hadn't seen her in a long time! I love getting to catch up with old friends.
We went to Indy to see the fireworks, but they canceled them right when the show was supposed to begin! We were bummed. Dylan wanted to see the "crash-booms!" They said that they were shooting the fireworks off on Sunday, so I decided to go back to see them. Lafayette ended up shooting theirs off, because the rain had stopped. Oh well!
.
Then on Sunday, we went over to Ricky's parent's house for dinner. Since I was leaving for the fireworks, we shot off the little package of fireworks they bought before it got dark. The kids really enjoyed watching them.
Lauren was not so sure, so she sat with Grandma Tate by the house. The loud booms can be kinda scary! We sat at the church in Indy to watch the fireworks. Dylan loved it and Lauren was half asleep. It was still fun! Mailee and Hailey got to join us since we were going to the museum in the morning.
They had a blast with the poppers. They were getting a little violent with them!Dylan had fun with them, too!On Monday morning, we all met up at the Children's Museum. They had the King Tut special exhibit that we all wanted to see. It was really interesting, but I'm not sure if it was worth the money. Dylan wasn't too impressed, and I had to pay $15 for him to go in! The artifacts were really neat and they had the display set up like they found the tomb. Dylan went on the Carousel with Tessa (Crystalin and Scott, too) and loved it! He is always scared of it and never wants to go! I was really surprised! He came running up to me when he got off and said, "I did it! And I wasn't scared!" I thought it was too cute!Lauren was loving Grandma because she let her play in the water! I love the face!It's surprising how little girls can change so much, so quickly! In March, Lauren was screaming in this play place. This time, she was screaming because she didn't want to leave! Ashlyn came to play with her for a while, too!Dylan being a scary dinosaur!

These two are so cute together! They get into all kinds of mischief!
We had a wonderful day! The only thing that would have made it better would have been to have Ricky there. After the museum, we all went to dinner at Red Robin and Kris, Joanna, and Alex joined us. It was the perfect ending to a great day!

No comments: