Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chicago

Ricky had a meeting in Chicago yesterday, so we took the weekend off and headed up there with him. It was so nice and relaxing! (I know, Chicago and relaxing usually don't go in the same sentence!) We spent Sunday with my good friend, Bobette and her family. We had a cookout and then just hung out for the day! It was so nice to catch up with them! Thanks for having us! Then Monday morning, Ricky had a meeting. The kids and I hung out at the hotel until he got done. Then we headed over to Portillo's for lunch. Yummy Chicago dogs! And then to IKEA! Yeah! I love that store, and even more-so when Ricky lets me have some fun! I didn't go crazy this time, but I had so much fun looking at everything! I already put the toy chest together this morning! After IKEA, we headed to a park to let the kids play before the long drive home. We ordered a pizza from Giordano's for the ride home, too! Their pizza is the best! We had so much fun and everyone was in a good mood! Yeah! I guess this was Ethan's first mini-vacation, and I didn't take any pictures. What's wrong with me? I was too relaxed and having too much fun!The kids didn't sleep very well while we were gone, but made up for it today! Lauren slept until noon! And they went to bed at 9 last night! Great for me, too!

Now, I have to get ready for the garage sale on Saturday! I love having a garage sale! If you are in town, stop by and see if you need anything! Other than that, we are having a great summer! Dylan is enjoying our new trampoline with his friends, Lauren enjoys it by herself, and Ethan just loves his swing!
Some random things that I just remembered and wanted to post:
Our fish finally died last week. He was a 9 cent goldfish from Walmart that Dylan got for going #2 in the potty almost 2 years ago! I couldn't believe that he survived that long! We would be gone for 3 days, and he was fine! I guess he was just strong willed! Dylan got to flush him down the toilet, and he thought it was pretty cool!

Dylan finally got his bike fixed. He loves to ride it all the time. He is getting so big!I thought this picture was really cute!
Dylan has also really enjoyed squirt guns this summer. He asks for them all the time! We started doing a play date swap and it is so nice. Dylan enjoys playing with his friend, Byron, and then I get some time to get things done without him needing something to do! We got the baby pool blown up for the kids to enjoy last week, too! Lauren was the only one to stay in it! She loves the water! She just splashed away while Dylan would run through it.

No comments: