Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Still June

Where has this month gone? Time is just flying by so fast. What has been going on? Well, we have been very active this summer, and I'm sure that July will be just the same if not worse. We have been to the Indy Zoo, the Columbian Park Zoo, the pool, the park, visiting with family, and I can't even remember where else. We are definitely having a great summer!

Dylan decided that naps are no longer needed. I feel like I am spending more time fighting him to take the nap than it's worth. Although at this moment, I have all three kids sleeping! This is a very rare occasion, and I don't expect that it will happen again any time soon! I am definitely enjoying the peace and quiet! Dylan is very active and is always looking for something to do. He is starting swim lessons next week to help get some energy out. We go for walks and play games and jump on the trampoline and ride bikes, but he still has more energy! I guess it's just because he's a boy. He is doing better with foods. I finally got him to eat grapes. He said that he likes the gummy center. Whatever works! He loves to play with Lauren, which is good until Lauren decides that she wants to be left alone. For the most part, he is an excellent big brother!
Lauren is doing great. She is growing like a weed! She will be 2 next month! She is doing great with her therapy. She is showing improvements all the time. She takes great naps for me! She usually sleeps about 3 hours in the afternoon! I can't complain! Her 2 year molars are coming in, so she has been a little crabby lately. She likes to scream, so we are working on that one right now. She has mosquito bites all over her (she must have sweet blood) and started picking at them. We had to put band-aids over them so that she would leave them alone. She then walks around all day pointing to the band-aid and saying "owie." She talks like crazy. It is really fun to be able to understand what she is trying to say now. She is such a good eater! She loves most fruits and veggies. She is a great little girl!

Ethan is three months old now! I can't believe how fast time has flown by! He is still my little chubby baby! I LOVE it! He weighs a whopping 15 lbs. already! We don't go to the doctor until next month for his official stats. He is growing like a weed! He doesn't want to just sit in his swing anymore. He wants to play with toys or be entertained! He really likes his bumbo seat (he can see what Dylan and Lauren are doing). He is a great baby! He sleeps 10 hours at night and most days he will take a 3+ hour nap! I am a very blessed mommy!

Well, the kids are starting to wake up! I gotta get back to mommy mode! I'll leave you with some of the reasons why I love being a mom! These moments make it all worth it!
Man I love these kids!

1 comment:

Wisbys said...

They're so stinkin big! And Ethan is a chunk!!! Too cute!!!