Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ethan's one year stats and misc.

Today we went to the doctor for Ethan's one year check up. Poor little guy had to get shots in both legs! Luckily he has some chubby thighs to get the shot in. Here are his stats:

Weight: 21 lbs. 11 oz.
Height: 29 1/4 inches
Head Circumference: 47.7 cm.

The little chubster lost weight and is taller than the last time we went in! (One of the many times he was sick and at the doctors office (which Lauren now calls the doctors house and asks me if we can go instead of going home). I am really sick of being sick and having sick kids. One of us has been sick almost every day of this entire winter. Not fun! Other than being sick, Ethan is growing up too fast! He is cruising along everything, not quite walking. He will let go and stand on his own if he is distracted. He is very mischievous. He likes to get into things like the cabinets, the bathroom, the pantry. He goes strait for the stairs if the gate is not up! The little stinker! He likes to be around others and is very determined. If he sees something he wants, he will do anything in his power to get it. He started waving bye and will mimic sounds. He is such a cute little guy!
One of the days he wasn't feeling good, he fell asleep on the floor by the couch. It was too cute! I took him up to his bed and he even stayed asleep! I love his chubby little cheeks!
Over the past couple of week, a few things have happened around here. I cut Lauren's hair. It was getting really long and stringy, so I evened it up in the back. I think I like her without bangs (as long as she will let me do her hair and it's out of her face).
Before:
After:
Speaking of cutting, I cut Ethan's hair, too! I was kinda scared that I would mess it up, but the back was way too long. I cut the back and then the sides looked like wings, so I trimmed them, too. It looks good, but he's going to need more cut soon! I'm sad that I didn't get a before and after picture, but I guess that's how it goes for the third kid. Sorry Ethan! I still love you!
Before:
After:
The Monday after Dylan's birthday, we invited a couple of his friends from school over for a play-date. He is always talking about Gabbie, Dylan K., and Alyssa from school, so I thought it was the perfect time to have them all over. It was really fun to see how the kids interact with each other. We had some cupcakes and the kids had a blast! It was a great little "party" (without actually throwing a party) for Dylan's 5th Birthday.

My parents came up here for dinner last Sunday and my dad and Ricky fixed the fridge. The water line in the back cracked all the way down, so I finally figured out which parts I needed and it got fixed! Yeah! I love having my ice maker back, too (just in time for summer)! Thanks dad! Love you!

We are getting to enjoy this nice weather. I think we spent the last 4 days outside walking, playing on the swingset, or jumping on the trampoline. Dylan and Lauren play really well together! I think this is going to be a great summer! Now if Ethan could just walk, we could all go outside all day long!We are ready for the nice weather to stay!

2 comments:

Kim Davis said...

Your kiddos are so cute!! I like Lauren's shorter hair too. :)

Amy Rose said...

I am glad you're having nice weather. We're supposed to get two inches of snow tonight. So, I'm going to cry and you take a long walk with the kids for me!