Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Birthday fun!

Saturday, we had some family and friends over for a little birthday bash! I kept it very low key and just let the kids play. I have some pictures to download, but I don't feel like doing it right now. Here are the pictures of the madness!
Dylan's cool Transformer's cake! (He only ate a little icing off the cake, he didn't want a piece to eat! Silly boy!)Ethan LOVED his cake! Here is the progression of how his cake got demolished!Chole and Dylan BFFEthan had a blast!
The kids enjoyed the Cars pinata. They each took turns pulling the stings until the candy came out. I guess Ethan didn't like the candy so much!Grandma with some of the grandkids! So cute!
We found out on Friday that Ricky is going to South Dakota for about 6 weeks, with only a couple of days off. He leaves on Thursday and will be gone for a week. I am going to try to keep myself and the kids busy so the time goes by faster. It doesn't seem like it will be too long, but who knows. He is helping customers switch to AT&T and helping the employees learn the new system while he's out there. He is going to a small town called, Belle Fourche that only has 5000 people. It is only about 90 minutes from Mount Rushmore, so if he has any spare time there is something neat to see! I would love to see Mount Rushmore! It seems like everything is falling into place and he is going to have a good time. He will be missed a TON!

Ricky took the past couple of days off, since he will be gone most of April. We have really enjoyed spending some time together as a family. Dylan is on spring break from school, so it's been nice having something to do! Monday night we checked out a place in town called Snapperz. It is free from 5-8, so I thought it would be a great way to spend family night! It is like a mix of bouncy houses and McDonald's playplace. Dylan had a blast, and Lauren sat with Ethan, Ricky and I. She is still very timid around big places. I don't know exactly why, but it takes her such a long time to get into something. Right before we were ready to leave, she started playing on the gym. Silly girl! I'll update more as time allows in the next couple of weeks!

2 comments:

Amy Rose said...

Oh MAN! Good luck Melissa. I'll be thinking of you. I hope the weather starts picking up so you and the kids can go outside.

Leah said...

That sounds kinda tough! I did 5 weeks but I was at my parents house! Good luck!! And have fun in ND, Ricky-pack warm clothes, it is not warm there yet:)