Monday, April 4, 2011

Water park

Ricky is gone, so sad. We miss him so much! It's going to be a very long month. I am trying to keep our schedule busy, without over doing it. Thursday was a sad, but great day. After we dropped Ricky off at the airport, the kids and I headed over to my mom's work (she works about 2 mins. from the airport). She enjoyed showing the kids off and then we headed out to lunch. Dylan said that he wanted a hamburger, so he got McDonald's. He even got lucky and they had a great playplace! Mom and I got Noodles and Co. instead and enjoyed it while the kids ate their cheeseburgers. So much better! We then headed over to my parent's house for a little while. Mom took Ethan and Lauren on a bike ride (Dylan is too big!) and we all just hung out for the afternoon. For dinner, we went to Caraba's with the whole family to celebrate my mom's birthday! It was so yummy and great to spend time with everyone! I think I made it home by about 10! Luckily the kids stayed asleep and I could just transfer them to their beds.

Friday was a very low key day. I think all of us were in our pjs until about 4 or so! I had to get everyone dressed for date night, which I enjoyed some quiet time to myself! I had to get some milk, since we didn't have any for about 3 days!

Saturday morning, we headed to Shelbyville to spend the weekend with my sister. We met at IHOP for lunch to celebrate my sister's boyfriend's daughter's birthday. She turned 7! We ended up having 3 adults and 8 kids! Crazy! After lunch, we headed to an indoor water park in Plainfield. It was really fun, and despite being outnumbered, everyone did great. I think we are going to have to plan another trip to this place. The boys had a blast and played very well together. Lauren was attached to Crystal until we were almost done. I still don't get her! Ethan thought it was great fun to splash water all day! After dinner, we went back to Crystal's place to have pizza and put the kids to bed. They were all wired and didn't go to sleep until about 10:30!

Sunday was a great relaxing day. The weather was beautiful, so we went for a walk to the playground. The kids did great playing together. We had cake and ice cream to celebrate Jaz's birthday! Thanks for a wonderful weekend! I'll try to get the pictures off my phone soon! (I'm not as tech savvy as Ricky is!)

Today, we started to get back into the swing of things. Dylan had school, and I had an appointment. Ethan is learning to sleep where he can, since we are out and about when he wants to sleep! Poor little guy! Speaking of Ethan, he is ALMOST walking! I caught him taking 2 steps between the couch and the ottoman today! It is so exciting to see him progress! I can't think of anything else, so bye!

No comments: