Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day fun

For Labor Day we thought it would be fun to visit our friends up in Chicago and have a cookout. What better way to celebrate the holiday than a good old BBQ? We headed out right after church and spent the afternoon hanging out. My friend just happened to be making some homemade bread, and I brought some homemade jelly for her. It was the best combination ever! Sunday was great fun. The kids ran around outside and we got to chat. Dylan and Lauren got to sleep with the girls upstairs and were so excited. They were chatting and staying up way too late, but we thought it was ok for one night. Dylan got up and said that his tummy hurt, so I just told him to get a drink and go back to bed. I figured it was because he was up too late and just really tired. Found out a few hours later that he was sick. We had to move him downstairs with us and clean up a fun mess in the middle of the night. Thanks to my friend for helping out and not getting sick, too! He was acting fine all day, and then all of a sudden got sick. So random. No one else had any signs of it, so we figured it was just a fluke.

Monday, Dylan was fine and so my friend and I headed over to IKEA. I love that store! I HAD to get a dresser for Lauren since I sold the changer in the garage sale this summer. I am excited to get it put together and in her room! We chilled the rest of the day and cooked out again for dinner. We had a great time and enjoyed the great company! Thanks again for hosting us and putting up with a sick kid!

No comments: