Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas time

We went to the light show on Greenview last night. It was awesome! The kids had so much fun watching the light show and listening to the music. The show is lights that flash along with the music and the music is on the radio station. The kids are really into Christmas lights this year. Every time we drive past a house with lights, someone will say, "There's some" and everyone looks. Ethan even gasps whenever he sees lights on a house! They love pulling into our driveway and seeing the lights on our house. (So do I!)
This Christmas season is just flying by! Dylan has school until the 23rd and then it's Christmas weekend! We are trying to fit in all of the cookie baking and giving along with all of the other fun Christmas activities that we do. We got the tree decorated along with lights around the house. They kids enjoy having them up and I love Christmas time lights. Ethan is still having a hard time keeping his little hands off of the ornaments. I think we only broke 2 ornaments, which is great compared to the amount that he handled!
Dylan had some fun times at school this year. They made gingerbread houses one day and watched the Polar Express in pjs another day. He really likes school.
Ethan and Jack are keeping me busy! Some days they play great, other days are a struggle. Ethan seems to be a bully to Jack. They both can say each others names, which is really cute! They are my boys!
Lauren had her last day of Joy School at our house. We had a little Christmas party with cookie decorating and a White Elephant gift exchange. It was a lot of fun!
Dylan and Lauren enjoyed some quiet time the other day while watching a movie. I thought it was cute that they shared the same couch instead of laying by themselves.
Last weekend, we headed over to have donuts with Santa at Ivy Tech. It was free and the kids had a blast! They had some cute crafts for the kids to do and then they got to see Santa for the first time this year! They all liked him and Ethan was so excited to sit on his lap! I had to hold him back until it was our turn!
Ricky had to work for the day, so I headed down to my parent's house for their Christmas party. The kids got to see Santa twice in one day! They loved it! Dylan told me that Santa had to be the real one because he was the same at both places! I love my kids!
We are really enjoying the holidays around here, minus Ricky working a ton. I think I am used to it now that he's been working retail for 6 years! We got to do all of the fun things that I love to do to get ready for Christmas!

No comments: