Sunday, December 11, 2011

O Christmas tree

I got a little spoiled this year. Ricky took his last week of vacation on the weekend of my birthday and we had a great time just goofing off. (Not really! I got a ton of things done with his help!) Saturday morning, after sleeping in and enjoying the morning, we went to Cassen's tree farm to cut down a tree. With the kids getting older, we thought it would be fun to cut our tree down. It was an adventure for sure! Dylan had to go to the bathroom as soon as we walked out there, so he peed on a tree. Then Lauren had to go. It started sprinkling, so we headed back to the barn to use the bathroom and get out of the rain. Ethan was fussy (he's teething) and wouldn't walk. I had to carry him the entire time. We finally found one that we liked on the second trip out. It was a fun experience, but I think next year we may just pick one out that's already cut! (I may change my mind when next year gets here!) Ricky also got the lights done outside. They look awesome and I LOVE having them! (You should drive by sometime between 6-12 pm if you want to see them for yourself!)

Then Saturday night, Ricky took me to dinner at the Melting Pot in Indy. He arranged my parents and siblings to come, too! It was really nice to have the adults together for dinner with no children! (It would have been a lot nicer if my brother wasn't an hour late! That's just how he is and we all know it!) Dinner was amazing and it was a great surprise! Thanks baby!

Tuesday night we took the kids to Chuck 'E Cheese to play. We had some free tokens to get and we wanted to go while Ricky was off work. It was a great weekend together as a family.

Friday night for date night Ricky gave me the last part of my birthday present. He took me to the mall to go shopping for myself! I can't even remember the last time I shopped for myself, actually trying on clothes and looking for styles! I normally just grab a shirt or pants and hope they fit when I get home! We went to Maurices and one of the employees helped me pick some things out. She was great! She showed me what was in style and how to wear things together. It was an awesome time and Ricky is the best husband ever! The employee even told him that she hopes her finance will take her out like this after she has kids! What a nice compliment to a perfect evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so love to read your blog! Thanks for journaling so we can all share your joys and happenings of life. Sure love you all so much! Mom