Wednesday, April 25, 2012

St. Maarten (March 26)

We woke up early on Monday to enjoy a day trip on a Pirate ship called Lord Sheffield. The captain took us out to a cove and let us go snorkeling for an hour.
 
 I hadn't been snorkeling before, so I was really nervous. Luckily we were with Ricky's parents and my parents who helped me get the hang of it. Ricky picked it up right away, but it took me a little longer. While snorkeling, we saw a helicopter and a submarine. There weren't too many fish in this area, but it was still really neat.The captain cooked some lunch for us while we were anchored. We had barbeque chicken and ribs with fruit punch and fresh fruit. My mom and Ricky were not feeling so good on the boat ride after the snorkel. Mom said that it was too much salt water with food and the movement. She should have used the patch! I enjoyed the ride back to the dock where my mom, dad, Ricky's mom and I headed over to the shops for the afternoon. We found some really good deals. I got a tanzinite ring with blue opals on the side and some clothes for the kids. Dad found a frozen yogurt shop that had AMAZING yogurt, black forest cherry. I realized after looking at my pictures that we were feet away from a beach, but we were too excited about shopping that we didn't even notice it! I guess when you see the ocean all the time, you don't necessarily look for it.

We were beat after shopping, so Ruth and I went to relax in the hot tub. It was the best thing after a long day of shopping and sailing. After we were relaxed, we headed back to our rooms to get dressed for dinner. I was getting used to being in my swim suit all day long while we were on the cruise. Dinner was amazing, as always. I wish I would have written down what I ordered, but I was enjoying it too much. The after dinner theater show was a magician. He was ok, I guess. We only watched part of the show and then we all went to the game room to play Settler's of Catan. Ruth and I started to feel our patches wearing off, so we didn't feel like staying out late.
When we got back to our room, we had this made on our bed. So fun!

No comments: