Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tortola, BVI (March 25)

The first morning on the cruise, we got to sleep in until 9! We met my parents for breakfast at the Reflections, the sit down restaurant. The food was excellent and you could order anything that you wanted! I got a pineapple pancake and a ham and cheese omelet. The fruit was delicious! We booked excursions for each day, but they started at different times on each island. This one didn't start until noon. On the island, there were tons of little tents set up with locals selling souvenirs. The locals love to barter, so you make sure to get the best deal on what you want. If you start to walk away, they would offer you a lower price. It was very interesting! I only got a magnet, but it was really fun to meet the locals. Ricky and I had to be back at the port at noon, so we headed back. We were swimming with the dolphins! We met a guy who took our tickets and gave us a wristband. Then we waited for a taxi bus to take us to the Dolphin Discovery place. I bought a waterproof camera to take pictures, but they wouldn't let us take it in the water with us. Bummer! We sat thorough a little video about dolphins and then they took us in the water. We were in a little cove of the ocean! How cool! We walked down into the water where they had a platform across the side. We were all lined up on the platform and we got to meet Calypso, the dolphin we were swimming with. We each got to play ball with him, dance with him and kiss him. It was AMAZING! I have wanted to do this my whole life, and what a place to do it! I got to hold him in my arms and pet him. It was one of the best days of my life!
I did buy a picture from them, it was $25 for a 5x7, OUCH! Since this was my first time away from the ship, I didn't take much cash with us and I didn't have a credit card with us. What was I thinking? They said that they would meet me by the ship to get my money and bring the picture. We waited for at least 30 minutes for the taxi to take us back, and then I ran up to my room to get cash. I went back to the dock to wait for the guy to come with my picture. I sat there for over an hour! It was such a long hour, but I absolutely love the picture I got! 


When I finally got back to the room, it was time to take a shower and get ready for dinner. It was formal night, so we had to get all dressed up for dinner. We also got our pictures taken in the lobby. It was really cool to see the professional photographers all over the ship taking pictures of everyone!
After dinner, we went to the comedian show "Two Funny Guys," Mario and Daniel. They were pretty funny and Ricky and I enjoyed the show. Ricky's mom ordered drinks every night at the show, so we enjoyed a strawberry pina colada with the show. Thanks! After the show, we went outside to play shuffle board. I had never played before and it was really fun. All 8 of us go to take turns and play. After the game, we headed up to the cafe to enjoy some brownies and then we all sat and chatted. It was a wonderful day in the Caribbean!What a fun day!

No comments: