Thursday, April 26, 2012

Barbados (March 29)

I think Barbados was our busiest day on the cruise! We had scheduled a zip-line adventure at noon, so we slept in (until 9) and enjoyed the sit down breakfast. After breakfast, Ruth and I headed out to the little shops. We met Ron and Ricky back at the dock for the bus and headed out. I was looking all around the island for mountains, like Dominica, and it seemed pretty flat. I was a little worried as we were driving there and then we saw that we were zip-lining in a ravine. We got suited up and started the adventure. Ricky went first, and I followed. The first line was fairly short, so a great start for me. I was a little nervous about just letting go, but after the first line, it was amazing! So fun!  
 
 
 There were 8 platforms with 7 lines. Some of the lines you couldn't see the ending platform! The tour guides, which I really appreciated, said that the platforms are about 90 feet high with the tallest one at 110 feet. The tour guides hooked us up at all of the platforms. Ron said that when they went zip-lining in Costa Rica they hooked themselves up. I don't think I trust myself enough to do that just yet!
 
 Since this was our last day off of the ship, I had it set in my heart that I wanted to go to the beach. We got back from the zip-lining at 3:30 and the ship was leaving at 4:30. I convinced Ricky and Ruth to go with me, so we ran to our rooms to put our swimsuits on. We went to the dock to find a taxi, and got the driver to stay at the beach with us, so we could make it back before the ship left. The beach was about 5 minutes away, so we had about 25 minutes to swim. Boy was it worth it to take this adventure! The beach was beautiful and the water was crystal clear! We found out that there were sea turtles about 50 yard away, but we didn't have enough time to swim out to them. Maybe next time! My parents and their friends went on that excursion and said it was awesome!
 
 We got back to the ship just before we set sail, whew! There were tons of people still boarding, so I didn't feel so bad! It was our second formal night for dinner, so we got ready and headed to dinner. I remembered to take my camera to dinner, so we got some good pictures of everyone.

 Ron and Ruth
 Terry and Erin
 Tony and Linda & Ashley and David (Crystal and Jason weren't there for dinner, so we didn't get a picture of them)
 It was my mom's birthday, so we all sang to her and they put a candle in her dessert. I snuck into her room (with the help of the room keeper, James) in the morning and put her present on her bed. She was surprised! The line to get professional pictures was forever long, so my mom took some for us in our room. I think they turned out very good, minus Ricky making faces in them! Boys!
 
 We also found this in the room, my favorite, a monkey!
 
 After dinner, we went to the only production show of singers and dancers, "Stage to Screen." It was the crews first show on the ship, so they only did one show. The following week, they did 2 shows, just our luck! It was really good and we enjoyed the show. After the show, we headed to bed because we had another long, wonderful day!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Love these posts about your trip! What a blast!

Unknown said...

That zip line looks really fun and I'm glad you made it to the beach!