Thursday, May 3, 2012

On-board Serenade of the Seas (March 30)

The last day of our vacation was spent on the cruise ship returning to San Juan. We spent the day relaxing on the ship, and it was a great ending to a wonderful vacation. We all met for breakfast, where they had the chocolate theme. My dad and Ricky loved it! 
 
After we were stuffed from breakfast, we went to change into our swimsuits and head to the pool. When we met my mom, she was frantic. Her diamond from her wedding ring had fallen out! We started re-tracing the steps of the morning and after about an hour, she found it in her pants pocket. That was a huge relief! Ricky decided to stay in the room and read his comics, so I headed to the pool with my parents. My dad and I found some chairs at the back of the ship, where it was quiet and peaceful! How relaxing!
We decided to look at the schedule for the day to make sure we weren't missing something fun, and the ice sculpture demonstration was starting soon. We thought that sounded fun, so we got Ricky and headed over to the pool deck. He was amazing and made this swan in about 20 minutes!
After lunch, we found a table and played Settlers with my parents. I don't even remember how many games we played, but it was so fun to play with the wind blowing by and the peaceful sounds of the ocean in the background.
The evening was spent at dinner and then the last show of the week! Everyone was beat from all of the sun, so we went to bed early. (We also knew we had a really long day of traveling the next day!) It was one of the best vacations of my life! I had an amazing time and can't wait to go on another cruise! I think next time, I will spend one day just relaxing on the beach. Other than that it was AWESOME!

No comments: