Friday, May 25, 2012

Saying goodbye is hard to do

We had a long, busy week! Monday and Tuesday, I watched both families kids. My friend got a new job, so I have Nathan and Megan again for 2 weeks. I can't do summer care for them, as 7 kids is too many for me! I have to have the flexibility to go somewhere if needed, even though I usually don't! Monday night, we had the missionaries over for dinner. It was really fun to see them again. The kids thought it would be fun to show off for them and were very hyper all night. Kids will be kids!
 Tuesday night, we had Dylan's end of soccer season Pizza Party at the park. It was really fun to see the kids hanging out and not playing soccer. 
 After we got the kids in bed, I headed over to my friend Jayda's house to help her finish packing up. We stayed up until 12:30 talking! They left today, very sad. Wednesday was Dylan's field day at school. I had a friend watch Ethan and Lauren so I could help out! It was so much fun!

Wednesday night was crazy, too. Ricky helped Jayda pack up the moving truck from 6-9 and then when he got home, I headed over to Coldstone for Jayda's goodbye party. We stayed there until 12:30 again talking! (I know, I'm crazy!) 

Lauren must have worn herself out this week, too! This is how she was sleeping in, or should I say beside her bed!
 
Thursday morning I just had Ethan and Lauren, so we hung out at home and tried to catch up on housework. I got a little done and then took a little nap on the couch. It really hit me yesterday that I can't stay up like I used to! Jayda brought her kids over in the afternoon to play once more before they left. We will be staying in touch with them, because they are life-long friends of our family!
Me and Jayda
They got to enjoy dinner with us one last time. Last night after about a half an hour of being in bed, Dylan came to the top of the stairs almost in tears. I asked him what was wrong. He said that he is sad that Rhyli is moving. He sure is going to miss her, just like the rest of us!

Today was Dylan's last day of school. He is officially a 1st Grader now! One last picture of Dylan, Nolan, and Nathan.
Dylan and Mrs.Salmon
Tonight is date night, Yeah! It will be a nice ending to a busy, but fun-filled week!

No comments: