Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day weekend

What a busy, fun-filled weekend! We started the weekend off right, with Friday night date night! We met Ricky's parents for dinner at O'Charley's and then walked around the mall for a few minutes. We haven't been able to get together with them in a while, so it was nice to catch up with no kid distractions! Saturday morning, I went back to the strawberry patch with my mom-in-law. She wanted to get some strawberries, and I thought we needed more. I got 11 pounds this time! I guess I work a lot better with no children. They are amazing!
Once I got cleaned up, we headed to the Children's Museum in Indy for the afternoon. Dylan has wanted to see the Lego exhibit since early March, so I thought it was a good time to go. The had a coupon for $15 off, so we ended up getting a year membership! I guess we'll be going a lot in the next year! The kids had so much fun and we didn't even need the stroller! I guess the kids are growing up! We only had a couple of hours, so we hit up the Lego exhibit, the Hot Wheels exhibit, the carousel and the dinosaurs and trains.
I think they all liked the carousel!
Ethan looks so grown up here! I love this shot!
When we were done at the museum, we headed over to Ricky's boss's baptism. It was really neat for the kids to see a baptism and for Ricky's boss to get baptized. After the baptism, we went to my parent's house, since we were in Indy. The kids decided to get in the pool, since it was 90+ degrees outside! Dylan and Lauren were spending the night, so Ricky and I stayed to play a game of Settlers'. We got home around midnight! Fun time! Sunday was nice and relaxing with only Ethan around. He let us sleep in until 9:30 and then took a great nap after church! Ricky's parents came over for a cookout dinner. We played Canasta and Euchre with them. Monday morning, we headed over to Cracker Barrel for brunch. We hadn't been out to breakfast in forever! It was really good and fun to get together with Ricky's parents again! We headed down to my parent's house after brunch. Ricky and the kids went swimming, while I went with my sister to Kohl's for some girl time! 
 
We came back and had dinner and then had to head home early, since Ricky's pump fell out. We weren't prepared for that! The kids all fell asleep on the way home, and Lauren even slept til morning! Ethan and Dylan had a second wind and wanted to stay up for a while. Lauren helped grandma make a fruit pizza. It was yummy! She was so proud!
 
The kids had a great weekend with Grandma and Grandpa! Looking forward to swimming and getting together again soon!

No comments: