Friday, May 25, 2012

Strawberry Patch

On Saturday, we had a busy morning. We started off by going to the local Strawberry Patch and picking strawberries.
 
 Ethan was eating them as fast as we were picking them, while Dylan and Lauren enjoyed helping us pick them. 
 
We only got 8 pounds, so I think I may have to go back! They are so much better than the store bought ones! 
 
 
Once we finished picking strawberries, we headed to our friend's little girl's birthday party. We couldn't stay too long because it was Dylan's last soccer game, but it was fun to get together. Dylan didn't get to play much at his last game, but I don't think he minded with it being so hot outside. We were all really hot and just sitting on the sidelines! I'm glad that Dylan will be able to keep up with the new soccer skills as he is going to do another session this summer. After the game, we headed home for lunch and relaxation. I needed some sugar to make jelly, so Dylan and Lauren helped me go to the store to get the ingredients. I made 2 batches of canned strawberry-raspberry jam and it is soooo good! I love it so much more than the freezer jam. Hopefully it will last us until next year when we can go back to get more strawberries! While I was making the jam, Ricky took the kids in the back yard with their squirt guns. Dylan has been asking to play with them forever!  They had a blast and Ricky broke out the hose on the trampoline for them. It was a great Saturday spent with my family!

No comments: