Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lauren's first Dance Recital

Now that I'm finally done catching up on the cruise, I can try to keep up with my busy life! Last weekend was so busy! Ricky was starring in the youth fundraiser at the church as Dr. Evil from Austin Powers on Friday and Saturday night. The show featured Heroes vs. Villains in a fun game of Family Feud. I had to help him get his bald head attached, which took about an hour on Friday. The other families in our date night had spouses in the show, so two women watched kids on Friday night, while the other two women watched on Saturday night. Friday night, I watched kids and the show didn't get over until about 9! It was so much fun catching up with my friend while the kids played! 
 
Saturday morning started early for us as Ricky and Lauren had a dress rehearsal at 8am for their dance recital later in the day. Don't know why they chose to have the youngest class be there the earliest, but oh well! When they got home, we headed over to the church to clean it. The kids were a big help at the beginning, but started to get tired of it after about an hour. Luckily Ricky has Bubble Guppies for Ethan on his phone. It kept him still so we could clean! It only took about 2 hours, but I needed to get home and take a shower for the baby shower for a friend from church.
 I had to leave early to meet my parents at our house and get over to Loeb Playhouse for Lauren's Dance Recital. I was so excited for her! I almost started to tear up! I can't believe how much she has grown up! Her dance was a daddy-daughter dance and it was soo cute! They both did an amazing job. 
 
My little dance star!
 
Ricky had to leave the recital early to get over to the church for another show. My parents and I took the kids over to the sitter so we could enjoy the show in peace. Everyone did a great job in the show, especially my Dr. Evil!
 
 My parents stayed and played a game of Settlers before heading home. Fun, but very busy day! Sunday started off good, but didn't end so well. I ended up getting sick, while our home teachers were here. Then slept almost the entire afternoon. Ricky was so nice to take Monday off work to help with the kids while I recovered. I think I just had a bad cold with congestion that made me sick. Dylan stayed home on Monday because he was coughing really bad, too. I hope this sickness is all gone from our house! 
I got a glimpse of what most of our summer days will be like yesterday...
They LOVED playing outside and even eating outside! Much less mess for me to clean up! I love my kiddos!

No comments: