Monday, October 5, 2009

Enjoying the weather

It is beautiful outside today! Dylan is not taking naps very well, so I just let him stay up and hang out with me while Lauren is sleeping. It has been great fun and he enjoys the one on one time. Today we went outside to enjoy the weather. I felt motivated, so I weeded the flower bed and the side of the house. Dylan put his little Diego gloves on to help me. He is such a great helper. Then, we went to the back yard to play. We found this cool little caterpillar. Dylan was so cute playing with it! He let it crawl all over him. I remembered to get the camera out this time, so you get to enjoy it too!Last night we went to Indy to celebrate my dad's birthday. My sister and I made dinner (with the help of our husbands) while grandma and grandpa played with the kids. We had a great time visiting with everyone. Lauren especially enjoyed grandpa because he gave her chocolate cake. She was so adorable eating it. She had a spoon in one hand and was using the other hand to shovel the cake into her mouth. I guess she follows her grandpa and love chocolate cake!
Yesterday, we got the privilege of watching General Conference at home. Comcast decided to broadcast it for everyone. Yeah! It was really nice to be able to pause it to help the kids. I got a lot out of it and enjoyed learning about how to become a better person. Dylan got worn out by the time the second session started and I found him like this on the couch! Too funny! I guess he does still need naps some days! I need to go figure out what to make for dinner tonight. I always seem to have trouble with that. I try to plan, but it never works out for me. I think I will make a 15 day dinner menu and make sure I have all the ingredients to make everything. That way, I can choose one of the 15 to make and not have to worry about missing something. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Steoger Fam said...

That first picture cracked me up! It brought back memories. That's funny Dylan still sits like that.