Friday, October 23, 2009

Ups and downs

We had an interesting past couple of weeks, to say the least. Last week started out fun. We visited grandma and grandpa. Dylan got to wear this amazing outfit that my great-grandma made for my grandpa. It is so neat that we have 4 generations wearing this outfit and it's still going strong! The legs were a little short, but other than that it was great! What a handsome little guy! Ricky was gone all week, so I thought it would be a long week. We did fine until Thursday. I started to get a cold, so I didn't feel so great. It didn't seem that bad until Friday morning really early when I woke up with the chills and then got sick. I called my mother-in-law (who is a nurse), and she suggested that I got to the doctor. Luckily, we have a great ward and someone came over to pick up the kids for me. (Thanks again Kelly!) I went to the doctor and couldn't even sit up long enough to get the results of the test. I ended up having the Swine flu. Yuck. I didn't get a really high fever, so I must have caught it early. They gave me a prescription for Tamiflu, which only shortens the length of the symptoms for a day or two. Ricky came home that evening and kept the kids away from me, so they wouldn't get sick, too! I guess we got lucky that it was only me that got sick this time and Ricky took a week of vacation before we knew I was going to get sick. It was not fun and a very long week. I missed the primary program, which I was bummed about. I guess you can't control everything. Since we have been entertaining ourselves at home, the kids have been having a blast. Dylan's newest funtime is building forts out of the couch pillows. I love having a play couch! He even does a great job of sharing with his little sis!
We tried to get outside to enjoy the beautiful weather we had this week. Too bad I was sick and couldn't go much farther than the backyard. The kids still had fun! I enjoyed snapping a few shots of them playing.



And then the rain came! I got this umbrella at a garage sale for 50 cents, and Dylan loves it! He wants to take it everywhere, so I let him go play in the rain! Too funny!
So, I think things are starting to get back to normal around here. I am feeling a ton better and Ricky has a couple more days off of work! Yeah! Hopefully things will stay good around here for a while!

No comments: