Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Feast and Festival

We have had a busy weekend! On Saturday, we went to the Annual Feast of the Hunter's Moon. It was great, as always, and the food was terrific! It would have been better if it wasn't so muddy and Lauren would have sat in her backpack carrier. Girls! She screamed and cried every time we tried to put her in there! Good thing my dad was here to help us out! He loves the Feast, so we got him a ticket for his birthday. I think we only took one picture, but it's on my dad's camera, so I'll have to add it later. Sorry! After the feast, we all came home and crashed. Well, Lauren, Dylan and I did. Poor Ricky had to go to work.
.
On Sunday night, we went to my parent's house to spend the night. Ricky had to go to another training session in Chicago this week, so we thought we would enjoy spending time with family. We got to play cards and just relax which was very nice. Then on Monday morning, we went to the Covered Bridge Festival in Mansfield, IN. I used to love going with my mom and my sister, but this year was a bit more eventful! First off, when we got there Dylan had drank all of his juice, so he had to pee every 15 mins. It wouldn't be so bad if they had a lot of bathrooms and there weren't long lines for everyone! I would have had him just go behind a tree, but there were people EVERYWHERE! Then we all met up to walk around together and Dylan burnt his hand on some stupid ladies space heater. She had it sitting right next to the kids toys and he just accidental touched it. The lady just looked at me and said, "he just touched that." And that's all she said. No "Is he ok?" "Can I help you out in any way?" Nothing. I was very upset. My sister ran and got some ice for him and luckily I had some infant Tylenol to give him. He said he wanted some pizza, and then we could go see the doctor. He screamed and cried for the next hour as we went to see the paramedics to make sure it wasn't that serious. He had blisters down his thumb and first finger. Poor little guy. She wrapped his hand up and gave him a sticker, so he settled down. Then he had to pee again! This time, we just went behind a dumpster. I was sick of waiting in a long line with a screaming, crying kid. After he went to the bathroom and finished his pizza, he fell asleep in the stroller. So, mom and I had to take turns holding Lauren for the afternoon. I didn't get to do much shopping due to all the fun events that took place. Let's just say that next year I will be going without any kids!

1 comment:

Amy Rose said...

Oh my goodness, what a day!! Poor Dylan, burning himself and peeing behind dumpsters. I hope next year is better.

I never did make it to the Feast of the Hunters' Moon. I wish I had.