Monday, November 16, 2009

All alone

Ricky and I got a wonderful weekend without any kids! Well, mostly. Saturday morning we had my wonderful friend Jaime take our family pictures. Too bad Lauren was being a little stinker and wouldn't look at the camera. I guess it just shows her personality! After the pictures, we headed to Indy to drop the kids off at my parent's house. My mom offered to watch them for the weekend. It was so different and nice being alone for the weekend. Ricky and I ran some errands on Saturday and noticed how quiet it was in the car! Then, we went to see the new movie 2012 at the theater. It was so nice. We used to go to movies all the time before we had kids. Now it is so hard because of the times they play the movies. It took us back to old times. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids! It's just really nice to get away without them for more than a few hours. Sunday we had to drive back to Indy to pick up the kids, but it was well worth the weekend of quiet and relaxation. Ricky and I got to enjoy each others company without any whining or interrupting. It was so nice. Thanks again mom!

No comments: