Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

For Halloween this year, I thought it would be fun to make pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. The kids loved them and I think they turned out really cute! One of my friends suggest them, so thanks for the idea! I'll have to start getting more creative for the holidays! We decided to stay home and trick-or-treat with our neighbor friends. Dylan and Chloe, their daughter, are really good friends and had a blast together. We walked around with them last year, too. It was really nice to just hang out around home and then pass out candy. There were a TON of kids walking around our neighborhood. I guess we lucked out and got a great family friendly area! I tried to get a few shots of the kids before we left. Lauren would not look at the camera at all! Dylan, on the other hand, was cheesing it up!
Here are Dylan and Chloe walking away from a house. It was really cold outside, so we were very glad the kids had fleece costumes! Lauren thought it was fun to take a piece of candy out of the basket and drop it into her basket. It was too cute! She actually said Thank you by the end of the night, too! This morning, I had to get a picture of the kids with all of their loot. Dylan was throwing a fit until I gave him a piece of candy before breakfast! He was happy after that! I love how they are smiling as they look at all of the candy! Lauren didn't know what to do with all of that candy! She started throwing it behind her after I took the picture. At least she is looking at the camera!
Dylan with his goofy grin. It's amazing what candy will do for a 3 year old!This is one of the traditions that I started when Dylan was a baby. Overall, we had a wonderful day and enjoyed spending time with our friends.

No comments: