Friday, November 6, 2009

Happenings

I taught Joy School again this week. It went a lot better this time. Maybe the kids are getting more used to the schedule, or maybe I just got better and knew what to expect. Either way I really enjoyed it this time. The kids seemed to have fun and I know Dylan loves it!
We have just been hanging out around here. We've been going outside everyday since we have been having such nice weather. It has been in the 60's and 70's lately. Very unusual for November, but no complains here! Dylan loves riding his bike and his scooter. Lauren loves to ride in her wagon, so it works out great for everyone.

Lauren still isn't walking yet. She shows all the signs that she should, but something isn't clicking for her. The doctor suggested we have First Steps evaluate her, so I hope everything is ok. She'll be 16 months old next week. Crazy how the time flies. Oh yeah, I have her 15 month stats:
Weight: 22 lbs. 2 oz. (25th percentile)
Height: 32 1/4 in. (90th percentile)
Head Circumference: 46.8 cm. (50th percentile)
She is getting bigger by the day and we love having her around. She is talking like crazy! I only wish we knew what she was saying. Some of her words are very clear, while others are just gibberish. I think it's cute! Her newest obsession is with shoes. She loves them. Any shoe works great. They go on her hands as she is crawling or she will sit and try to put them on her feet. Silly girl! She gets them on every once and a while. She thinks she is pretty funny!
Her hair is getting so long! I had to trim her bangs the other day because they were in her eyes! I put her hair up in a little pony tail and she absolutely hated it! She cried the whole time, but I think it looked cute! We'll have to try it again soon!
We went to the park the other day with my mom and her friend. The kids were really cute and we had a wonderful time. Here are the best shots I got!Lauren was so cute playing peek-a-boo around this tree!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, I can't believe how grown up Lauren is looking! I feel like I haven't seen you in a long time. :)

Bobette said...

Dylan and Lauren are so cute. I love the pictures with Lauren and the trees at the bottom - too cute! We need to plan a time for you to come out here and visit. I miss you!